Scottish 2nd round draw

jimmyg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish National Team and management will likely be about with Scotland playing a big game on the Friday's night so perhaps having a player / Strachan / one of coaches helping to do the Junior Cup draw and getting some publicity for the draw with that in newspapers and online.

10 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Damned If they do ... damned if they don't etc etc. As long as they get it right and the draw is communicated - normally is by twitter from one of the committee / Scott Campbell etc - then this really isn't a biggie

I think if they reverted back to Sunday afternoon draws with an open invite to attend, be that at a social club or Hampden or elsewhere, I don't think they will be damned for anything. As far as I could see, people were happy with that arrangement and in these modern times, there would be several people present capable of live streaming the draw.

They get damned for Wednesday 2.00pm draws where most people are at work. Fair enough if there is a sponsor to satisfy, but there isn't even one of those.  I'll take it all back if they have managed to get a half-cut Rod Stewart to do the draw and they stream it live on You Tube.......

21 hours ago, Shannon said:

Scottish National Team and management will likely be about with Scotland playing a big game on the Friday's night so perhaps having a player / Strachan / one of coaches helping to do the Junior Cup draw and getting some publicity for the draw with that in newspapers and online.

This.

In these circumstances it makes sense to have it at Hampden, at a time which allows getting some from the National team to do the draw.  The grade could do with a wee bit of the excitement shining their way that week.

I too think that generally it's better to use type social clubs on a Sunday but that route is insular. Good move to be at Hampden this time.

This.
In these circumstances it makes sense to have it at Hampden, at a time which allows getting some from the National team to do the draw.  The grade could do with a wee bit of the excitement shining their way that week.
I too think that generally it's better to use type social clubs on a Sunday but that route is insular. Good move to be at Hampden this time.

Do you think the draw will get anymore publicity than it normally does? Hmmmm......we'll see.

By coincidence, today on my Facebook one of those memory things popped up, 5 years today the second round draw was at Shotts BA club, don't recall it being insular, was a good afternoon.

You will never please everyone on this issue.

Yes, if you are an attendee at the social club chosen then I'm sure it would be a great day.  However, i'm sure I remember some complaining that the draw was always taking place in the west, others complaining it was in the east and others again complaining it was never in the north.

Maybe the SJFA should approach BBC Alba for future draws.  I'm sure they would be delighted to fill in half an hour.

Used to be the first round was always drawn up North, then the next 2 or 3 rounds split between West and East, then latter rounds in newspaper offices, radio stations or other "on the road" venues. Worked well. BBC Alba is a good point.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

You will never please everyone on this issue.

Yes, if you are an attendee at the social club chosen then I'm sure it would be a great day.  However, i'm sure I remember some complaining that the draw was always taking place in the west, others complaining it was in the east and others again complaining it was never in the north.

Maybe the SJFA should approach BBC Alba for future draws.  I'm sure they would be delighted to fill in half an hour.

Quite a few places in Scotland have alternative Gaelic names. Would they be read out as the draw is made with English sub titles?

Seriously though, anything that gives the junior game a little bit of visibility is to be welcomed, its profile within the general public is now at an all time low.  This, and a few other matters need to be raised and discussed at the next SJFA AGM. The last few have been an absolute joke, all over in not much more than half an hour with nothing of any consequence either discussed or decided.

If Tom Johnston stands up and announces we still have no proper sponsor for our major competition it should be along with his own resignation.

Archived