THE DEUCE

YER SISTERS YER MAW

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In episode 3... (Wire reference/spoiler)

Did anyone catch how when Leon came back to the diner (Slim Charles) after being in jail Rodney (Cheese) called him a 'murderous mother fucker'? Think it was a wee throwback to Slim killing Cheese in The Wire. Cracking little touch.

On 18/09/2018 at 08:09, tongue_tied_danny said:

I just watched the first episode of season 2 and it was fairly slow. I'm going to stick with it but I fear it may not be as good as season 1.

f**k that. This is excellent stuff. Season 2 is every bit as good as the first. 

this is by far my favourite show of recent years. I just love how amoral it is. Sleazy as f**k and with a wicked streak of dark humour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 05/11/2018 at 23:20, tongue_tied_danny said:

A strong finale. I believe there's one more season planned, taking it up to the mid 80s. I hope it's as good...

Just finished season 2 now.  Watched the first 2 episodes when they came out and forgot about it for some reason. Finished the rest over the past 3 days.  Looks like Season 3 will be the Ed Koch era, looking forward to it.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...