Can Dumbarton beat the Amber Machine at Almondvale on Saturday?

Northcroft is an arse.

We fell asleep for half an hour and every decision went the other way. We showed real fight to take it back and win the game, even a draw would've flattered Dumbarton.

Don't really think they looked up to much at all, Froxy looks a good player and has a touch of class about him but Nade, Barr and Hutton all looked absolutely tragic today.

Another win for us, 4 points clear in the playoffs and three off the top, all is looking good. If we ever get a tambourine just shoot me ok?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fairly quick diagnosis there Dr andylivi1.

Considering he fractured the same shoulder a couple months ago,  and the way he was holding his arm I think it's fair to assume that's what it is. 

I cant remember him making any bad tackle or anything to deserve the boos but fair enough. 

Northcroft is an arse.

We fell asleep for half an hour and every decision went the other way. We showed real fight to take it back and win the game, even a draw would've flattered Dumbarton.

Don't really think they looked up to much at all, Froxy looks a good player and has a touch of class about him but Nade, Barr and Hutton all looked absolutely tragic today.

Another win for us, 4 points clear in the playoffs and three off the top, all is looking good. If we ever get a tambourine just shoot me ok?

It was a game of two halves, we contributed very little in the first and Livvy were deservedly ahead. Second period there was only one team in it and if home fans are being honest they would not have expected a Livvy win after we equalised. Shocking defending though upset that prediction - we'll play worse and win.

I have to say I think we are very fortunate to take all 3 points but I don't care at all. 

First half we where well on top and should've had a 2nd maybe even a 3rd but you just knew it was going to come back and haunt us as it seems to always do against Dumbarton. 

We completely dropped off second half, sat 10 yards further back and just couldn't get going, credit to Dumbarton for that too, too often teams don't give opposition credit for turning things around and I think Dumbarton did that. 

More than deserved the equaliser when it came and in all honsesty I could only see one winner. 

Its the type of game we would've certainly lost 2 or 3 seasons ago so to come away and fight until the end and take the 3 points is a brilliant effort and a good sign. 

Thats is us now guaranteed minimum 4th place after the first 9 games regardless of the result against Dundee Utd in a fortnight, what a great first quarter that's been. 

As for Dumbarton having seen nearly every team now if they keep performing like that I think they will be just fine once again, just lack that killer touch upfront. 

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Northcroft is an arse.

Put the fishing rod away... :blink:

I thought Walsh had a very good game. We deserved a draw on balance and some bad defending robbed us of that. As if tambourines aren't bad enough, on the supporters bus on the way back we are being treated to a selection of the worst music ever recorded on equipment that sounds like a badly tuned transistor radio in a toilet. Cotton Eye Joe moves seamlessly to Ruby don't take your love to town. Send help.

I thought Walsh had a very good game. We deserved a draw on balance and some bad defending robbed us of that. As if tambourines aren't bad enough, on the supporters bus on the way back we are being treated to a selection of the worst music ever recorded on equipment that sounds like a badly tuned transistor radio in a toilet. Cotton Eye Joe moves seamlessly to Ruby don't take your love to town. Send help.

And they wonder why we can't get punters on the bus...

It's like an episode of Playdays.

6952058339ea6c065368aa3cafcef4ef.jpg

Craig Barr, once a fans favourite at Livingston, turned into a pale version of the Hulk today. Anything above grass level was fair game and he was guilty of double figures in fouls today. Surprised he stayed on the field tbh.  Great to take 3 points but on 2nd half performance Dumbarton deserved something from the game. Look forward to return feature and a pint in The Rock Bowling Club.

That was some game.

All Livi first half and I thought we'd pay for not scoring a 2nd goal when we were so dominant. 2nd half Dumbarton came out strong and were on top hitting the bar before they eventually scored, I thought they'd go on and win it after that, but we somehow dug in and got back in the lead. Def wouldn't have won this game a few seasons back but shows how far Hoppy has taken us the last 2 seasons, we're a much more resilient team nowadays.

Basically we did a Dumbarton on Dumbarton.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
That was some game.

All Livi first half and I thought we'd pay for not scoring a 2nd goal when we were so dominant. 2nd half Dumbarton came out strong and were on top hitting the bar before they eventually scored, I thought they'd go on and win it after that, but we somehow dug in and got back in the lead. Def wouldn't have won this game a few seasons back but shows how far Hoppy has taken us the last 2 seasons, we're a much more resilient team nowadays.

That's probably quite a good way of putting it actually. 

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
That was some game.

Exactly what I was thinking tbh, we've been on the receiving end of those type of results against Dumbarton quite a lot especially at home. 

Good for it to fall in our favour for a change. 

33 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Considering he fractured the same shoulder a couple months ago,  and the way he was holding his arm I think it's fair to assume that's what it is. 

I cant remember him making any bad tackle or anything to deserve the boos but fair enough. 

Yeah looks like the same injury as the end of last season. Not good.

Callum Carson @CallumCarson34 1h Cadden was taken to hospital with a dislocated shoulder.

That was a frustrating game.

First 10 minutes we were in it and competing. Next 10 minutes we let Livingston start to dominate the game and went 1-0 down. I thought we defended the goal poorly and it could easily have been 2 but for some heroic defending. Nobody got pass marks in that first half. It was desperate at times.

2nd half? We're more involved in the game right from the start. Walsh is like a completely different player and is suddenly in danger of running the show and making things happen. He was unrecognisable from the first half performance and looked excellent in the 2nd 45. We get the deserved equaliser. Nade hits the bar with a great chance.

And then we let Livi back into it again.  The keeper can't decide whether to come for the cross or stay on his line and is still trying to get out to the edge of the 6 yard box when the header is flying past him and into the net. Possibly against the run of play in the 2nd half we're losing again.

Our big problem is that we can't play for 90 minutes. We can play in spells. We can start well enough. We can finish a game strongly. What we can't do is keep our performance up for more than about 30-40 minutes of a 90 minute game. That lets opponents who can play well for maybe 60 or 70 minutes start to dictate things, particularly from about 15 minutes in to maybe 65-70 minutes. We've got Nade who gives us a great option as an outlet and as a guy who can bring others into the game, as well as offering some goal threat, but who can't last 90 minutes. We saw today that there are 2 Tom Walshes (one timid, the other creative and determined) and that either can turn up at various points of the same game.  Our keeper can make some great shots but his indecisiveness is always likely to cause us problems. I'm not sure we've got somebody on the park who will be vocal and organise players.

It was frustrating to watch because we saw some really promising football in parts from Dumbarton. We just didnt see it enough to take anything from the game. And when we saw the worst of Dumbarton - poor defensive organisation or indecisive goalkeeping - it cost us. Livi were always going to be capable of punishing that.

Writing up my report just there when something clicked that I hadn't thought of at the time. Dougie Hill going off seemed to have a big impact on us going from looking likely to win it, to looking all over the shop defensively in conceding the goal. Mango conceded the foul (soft I admit) that lead to the free-kick from which they scored.

Now I'm not saying Dill wouldn't have conceded that foul, but I'd imagine things might've been a bit more organised at the back. Who knows what Morrison was thinking (or what he was told by those around him) to attempt to head the ball back to Gallacher with player all around him.

I doubt I was the only one unimpressed by his signing, but fair play to him. He's been really decent. He was solid again today (barring a mental backpass) and pulled off another trademark clearance from a seemingly impossible position in the first-half. Him and Mango are our strongest centre-half pairing. Dowie is hesitant and makes outright weird decisions at times, and Mango doesn't have the legs for central midfield. I don't think Stevie will be brave enough to drop Dowie as captain though, which is a bit unfortunate.

The proverbial game of two halves...

We should have been further ahead than we were at half time. Was sad to see Cadden go off. He had looked threatening up until then. Mackin added very little after replacing him. Doesn't seem to fit our set-up particularly well.

The second half was dominated by Dumbarton. We let them heap pressure on us and an equaliser seemed inevitable. Some suspect defending from Toddy led to their goal and I was certain then that we wouldn't be leaving the stadium with more than a point. Up steps hero Halkett, who was MoM in my opinion, to nod home and after that we were suddenly very comfortable.

I thought Dumbarton were decent. The two wingers, in particular, were dangerous. Walsh went through our defence very easily in the second half. Though I reckon if Gallagher had been playing he wouldn't have had nearly as much joy. Froxylias looks like a quality player. Thought your right-back (Wardrop?) was pretty suspect defensively.

As for us, I thought that Mullen, Halkett and Alexander all had good games. Toddy was exposed at the back in the second half and should only be used as emergency cover there I reckon. Not really sure what Mackin adds to the team, but early days.

The referee was inconsistent and didn't have much control of the game.

Yeah I just can't take to Mackin, he's a big lumbering player who just doesn't fit in. We play a high pressing game chasing down the ball to force defenders into hitting it early, this gives our midfield a better chance of getting the ball, but Mackin hasn't the pace or manoeuvrability to play that way. Don't know why Carrick wasn't on instead of Mackin.

Btw what has happened to Alan Lithgow ? I was worried when we released Crighton and kept Lithgow and even worse made him an integral part of the side, I honestly didn't think he'd be able to step up to the championship, but by god has he proved me and I'm sure many others wrong.  

He has became stronger, has cut out the little mistakes he was making, hardly loses a ball in the air and looks composed on the ball. 

A goal and an assist today too shows he's dangerous in the opposite box. 

Same as others livi better in first half but other than the dangers at corners didn’t really threaten. 

We were much better and thought Walsh was mom . After getting back into it we face a series of silly fouls and paid the penalty.

ref was awful but I suppose the home fans had more to moan about as if anything favoured us

as said at full time we played better today than last 2 games yet won those 

Archived