Can Dumbarton beat the Amber Machine at Almondvale on Saturday?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seem to be a transformed team so far, quietly confident of this. Having Gallagher out is a big issue but we've coped in the last few games without him so it shouldn't actually be too bad.

Hopefully Dumbarton try play attacking football :D we do well against it

To answer the OP, no. Mat Northcroft is the referee.

We haven't lost the last 8 (eight) times Northcroft has reffed our games. The last time we lost with him in charge was March 2012. He's a bizarre ref but he's also a good luck charm!

Last time he was in charge of a game between us was at Almondvale. Saunders scored a 89th minute equaliser for Dumbarton. 

I'm not bitter or anything, delighted about the number of late goals we lose in this fixture. 

:(

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah, I wouldn't count on us doing that. We'll try to be compact and hard to beat and play direct up to Nade, we don't have the players for attacking football.

Sounds like how we're playing this season, gonna be one boring game of hoofball on Saturday.:lol:

Pity Gallagher will be suspended, could do with him against Nade, though Halkett will give him a hard time too.

12 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Livi could sneak a play off apot the way they are going.

Do they still have the nightclub behind the goal?

Long way to go, I'd still take 8th but think we are better than that, keep up this form anything is possible but will see where we are after the 2nd quarter. 

No, that's long gone, it's a gym now, the Almondvale suite is behind the opposite stand though. 

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Long way to go, I'd still take 8th but think we are better than that, keep up this form anything is possible but will see where we are after the 2nd quarter. 

No, that's long gone, it's a gym now, the Almondvale suite is behind the opposite stand though. 

I can remember when i was there, got a bit confused going for a piss at HT and seeing condom machines on toilets lol  Then someone explained it was nightclub toilets too.

Nice wee piece on our OS ahead of Stevie Aitken's 100th game in charge.  Interesting to note that Ian Murray's 100th game in charge was away to Livi as well, a 2-1 victory for the Sons on that occasion. Would love the same again, but that would mean three 2-1 victories in a row for us - @microdave @Sonsteam of 08 when was the last time we recorded 3 consecutive 2-1 victories?

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Nice wee piece on our OS ahead of Stevie Aitken's 100th game in charge.  Interesting to note that Ian Murray's 100th game in charge was away to Livi as well, a 2-1 victory for the Sons on that occasion. Would love the same again, but that would mean three 2-1 victories in a row for us - @microdave @Sonsteam of 08 when was the last time we recorded 3 consecutive 2-1 victories?

September/October 1936 against East Fife, East Stirlingshire and Brechin City. 

The last time we had three consecutive identical scorelines was in February this year with the 2-2 draws against St. Mirren, Ayr and Falkirk.

The last time we won by three identical scorelines was in April 2009 with the 2-0 wins against Stenny, Forfar and Berwick. That was actually four wins that started against Elgin.

Despite previous encounters favouring Dumbarton the bookies (paddypower) are giving them pretty good odds 4/1 and have made Livi favourites to win 4/7, even a draw is 3/1.

Might be worth a bet on Dumbarton to soften the blow if they beat us. Saying that, it'll prob be a draw. :wacko:

Hoping for a win but would take a draw. Our start has been decent given the last 2 wins. Although we were rotten for the 1st half of both games.

Whilst we can be vulnerable I do think there's a team there in us and we look strong on the right with Wardrop and Froxy. Fingers crossed we can get a result.

Archived