Can Dumbarton beat the Amber Machine at Almondvale on Saturday?

9 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Aye. Sorry to have started 'busgate'. All I did was declare on the Facebook bus page that incessant Kenny Rogers/ Abba/ Rednex at a high level of volume and distortion wasn't really my cup of tea. I subsequently tried to soften my position by agreeing to a compromise suggested by another supporter. Nae answer to that. Tambourines oot the pram. Ill be in my own somewhat quieter and less stressful mode of transport at the next away game. The tambourinis who, to be fair, are much more committed supporters than me, are welcome to belt out whatever aural pish they wish. Just so long as I don't have to listen to it.

Funnily enough, I've often found "committed" crossing my mind, but maybe in a slighly different context to your one Wilf.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how one comment is "if it's putting people off using the bus, I would be happy to stop it. Far more important that we run a supporters bus every week", which is then followed by someone else giving a massive rant about stopping the bus because people don't like the shite music being so loud :lol: Fantastic stuff.

I'm kind of glad we beat Dumbarton mainly because of their Tambourine, their Fat Jambo striker and that *** Durrant who was being a dick to Toddy who took the ball from him and pretended to chuck it back in his face :lol:

Aye. Sorry to have started 'busgate'. All I did was declare on the Facebook bus page that incessant Kenny Rogers/ Abba/ Rednex at a high level of volume and distortion wasn't really my cup of tea. I subsequently tried to soften my position by agreeing to a compromise suggested by another supporter. Nae answer to that. Tambourines oot the pram. Ill be in my own somewhat quieter and less stressful mode of transport at the next away game. The tambourinis who, to be fair, are much more committed supporters than me, are welcome to belt out whatever aural pish they wish. Just so long as I don't have to listen to it.

It's times like these I wish I had Facebook [emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, AMC13 said:

I'm kind of glad we beat Dumbarton mainly because of their Tambourine, their Fat Jambo striker and that *** Durrant who was being a dick to Toddy who took the ball from him and pretended to chuck it back in his face :lol:

Aye what was that all about, all I saw was Durrant hold the ball out for him and then Toddy took it and faked throwing it back in his face to make him flinch. Seemed a bit strange.

Aye what was that all about, all I saw was Durrant hold the ball out for him and then Toddy took it and faked throwing it back in his face to make him flinch. Seemed a bit strange.

I don't know but even if Durrant done nothing Toddy should have done it anyway simply because he's a minging *** c**t.

Just now, AMC13 said:

I don't know but even if Durrant done nothing Toddy should have done it anyway simply because he's a minging *** c**t.

Thought it was funny myself but an auld guy behind me was shocked and complaining Toddy should be punished for that.:lol: 

Personally thought Mango should've been punished more, he was going about pushing players in off the ball incidents and trying to injure our players with the way he was going in with wild tackles, how he only got one booking was ridiculous. Think he elbowed one of our players too and then was going up to the ref gesturing for a Livi player to get sent off for elbowing, what an arsehole.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought it was funny myself but an auld guy behind me was shocked and complaining Toddy should be punished for that.:lol: 

Was it not in response to one of their bench having thrown the ball past our player towards the bye line when he was trying to get it to take a throw in?

I just thought it was general frustration at him not chucking the ball to him and holding onto it instead. 

The incident orco mentioned was bizarre and hilarious. Guy launches the ball down to the other end of the pitch then complains to the ref about timewasting, if you gave him the ball instead of sending it behind the goals you'd have at least had a point :lol:

Durrant is widely renowned as the King of Bantz. I suspect it was just more of that on the touchline between him and the Livi player.

Given his injury history I really don't think Mango was going about "trying to injure players." In fact there are very few players who ever go out to injure a fellow pro.

Where would I find the busgate posts?

Fwiw it would be good if we could get some entertainment on the bus - maybe a comedy dvd if the player/screen is working. The problem with music is that you can't pick songs that will please everyone.

It's on the Trust travel page - the comments on the creation of the bus to Morton event.

The tambourine's Oscar speech esque resignation is absolute gold.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It's on the Trust travel page - the comments on the creation of the bus to Morton event.

The tambourine's Oscar speech esque resignation is absolute gold.

I'm not on this sociopath media stuff, but please somebody tell me that we're not driving away what's left of our dwindling support.  Is this something Jackie Baillie could get involved in ?

51 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm not on this sociopath media stuff, but please somebody tell me that we're not driving away what's left of our dwindling support.  Is this something Jackie Baillie could get involved in ?

I think she only gets involved with things she has previously tried to close herself....then complains that others might be trying to do the same

don't think she's ever been anywhere near the supporters buses

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Durrant is widely renowned as the King of Bantz. I suspect it was just more of that on the touchline between him and the Livi player.

Given his injury history I really don't think Mango was going about "trying to injure players." In fact there are very few players who ever go out to injure a fellow pro.

Looked like it with the mad tackles he was flying in with.  Seen him play against us a few times when he was at Raith and he was fine, don't know what was up with him on Sat but he was acting like a right dick. Doing a Lennon and running over to get involved with everything pushing players about off the ball and running to the ref trying to get players booked. Should've had at least 3 cards just for the bad challenges, even after numerous let offs and getting a warning from the ref he didn't calm it down any.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looked like it with the mad tackles he was flying in with.  Seen him play against us a few times when he was at Raith and he was fine, don't know what was up with him on Sat but he was acting like a right dick. Doing a Lennon and running over to get involved with everything pushing players about off the ball and running to the ref trying to get players booked. Should've had at least 3 cards just for the bad challenges, even after numerous let offs and getting a warning from the ref he didn't calm it down any.

I'd imagine that Mat Northcroft wouldn't have wanted a pitch without his handsomeness on it. Perfectly understandable imo.

In his defence if I had to spend 90 minutes in central midfield with Kyle Hutton I'd be doing my best to get sent off too. On a more serious note though, he doesn't have the legs to play in there, especially not alongside Hutton, and it's a total waste of his talents to have him running about trying to tackle folk - especially when Dowie is looking far less convincing than he ever did at centre-half. If Stevie has any sense I'd like to think he'll fire him back to CB for the St Mirren game (I'd rest him this week, and give some of the fringe guys a go) alongside Dill and punt Dowie back to the bench.

Archived