Star Trek Discovery

welshbairn

The “stoned” version of Burnham seemed to be a lot more fun than the “I wish I was a Vulcan” version that we’re used to, I hope she returns!!!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

3rd series is out, it's.... quite good? this time.

Burnham actually looks quite hot with her new hairdo (Ep3 onwards).

Enjoying the season so far, too, though 

Spoiler

I reckon that wee teenage genius character that has joined the crew could remain annoying , long term.

On 13/11/2020 at 14:36, FairWeatherFan said:

Star Wars went for Werner Herzog, now Star Trek has turned to David Cronenberg for a random Director turned Actor cameo.

It took me a second to realise that's who it was.  Fantastic and bizarre cameo.

On 15/11/2020 at 22:55, saint dave said:

Are they going for a Battlestar Galactica with the music angle ? 

That was my initial thought as well.

This season is all over the place, there have been a couple of good episodes and a couple of absolute shiters.

At least we are seeing a bit more of the Bridge crew in Season 3 so far, although it still seems to be 'Burnham saves the day yet again'. whether by submerging herself in the Trill pool, or finding a way to get the 'magic seeds', to not to mention brokering a deal between the Earth's Planetary Defence Force and Wen.

Why did the Discovery get the ‘A’ after its registry number after it got its paint job and detachable nacelles, it’s the same ship???
Are the threadbare federation that short of ships that they get a number added after the smallest refit or are they maybe keeping the fact that the ship is from the past by disguising it as a new ship???
If it’s that, shouldn’t they change the uniforms of the crew as well???

On 24/11/2020 at 22:06, King Kebab said:

Why did the Discovery get the ‘A’ after its registry number after it got its paint job and detachable nacelles, it’s the same ship???
Are the threadbare federation that short of ships that they get a number added after the smallest refit or are they maybe keeping the fact that the ship is from the past by disguising it as a new ship???
If it’s that, shouldn’t they change the uniforms of the crew as well???

I wondered about the "A" part as well.  I couldn't remember if it had always been that way or not. 

I'm really struggling with this season. 

I didn't like the first episode of season 3 but considered they are trying to create a unique identity for the show in view of the upcoming Strange New Worlds. I then thought the next couple of episodes and the proposed story arc around the Federation were excellent and got quite excited. However the Trill storyline with the non binary couple is awful and dreary and although no one has referred to their (a)sexuality - this being enlightened Star Trek and the 24th Century etc - the whole storyline, with Stamets and his partner offering counselling just absolutely smacks of Grey's Anatomy type equality box ticking. I wouldn't give a feck if the storyline around them was in any way interesting.....

I now realise I am sounding like my dad. I will still watch solely for the Federation storyline and the warp/burn mystery but will need to ffwd the trill couple parts or am going to start shouting at my telly.