Star Trek Discovery

welshbairn

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ahh... deep space next. Pretty much everything else on hold

The DEFINITIVE viewing order!!!

https://overmental.com/content/the-definitive-chronological-viewing-order-for-the-star-trek-cinematic-universe-42395

• 1 month later...
Finished Deep Space 9.

Voyager I'm on season 3 .

Deep space 9 thought was really good. Battle scenes at end were good fun
I'm watching DS9 at the moment. I did like it at the time and I'm enjoying it again (up to S6, E23 I think at the moment) but mostly for Dax, who is simply stunning, Garak, Quark, Odo, and the other supporting cast. I find Avery Brooks to be just too over the top for me with his staccato style, out-doing Kirk on occasion. Not sure if I'll bother with Voyager as it had so much potential but shat it big time. I might do Enterprise next (except for the God Awful final episode of course).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm watching DS9 at the moment. I did like it at the time and I'm enjoying it again (up to S6, E23 I think at the moment) but mostly for Dax, who is simply stunning, Garak, Quark, Odo, and the other supporting cast. I find Avery Brooks to be just too over the top for me with his staccato style, out-doing Kirk on occasion. Not sure if I'll bother with Voyager as it had so much potential but shat it big time. I might do Enterprise next (except for the God Awful final episode of course).
So finished Voyager. It was okay but far too many ridiculous episodes of just utter shite.
Watching Enterprise and so far the theme tune is shite and in general it's not the best. Shall still watch it.

Deep space 9 probably the best overall

So finished Voyager. It was okay but far too many ridiculous episodes of just utter shite.
Watching Enterprise and so far the theme tune is shite and in general it's not the best. Shall still watch it.

Deep space 9 probably the best overall
It's such a shame - Voyager had a great premise and some decent episodes (the ones with Species 8472 or whatever, the Hirogen, the Doctor-heavy episodes) but had so many average to poor episodes and some absolute shockers that it suffers from that. If you managed to watch the one where Paris and Janeway turn into salamanders then you did better than I did!

I quite liked Enterprise; yes the theme music is shite and they had too many "wink, wink" stuff where they just seemed to invent new technology that was in classic Star Trek in an episode it was needed but there were some good episodes in there with the Temporal Cold War stuff and the Xindi arc.

• 3 weeks later...

It's such a shame - Voyager had a great premise and some decent episodes (the ones with Species 8472 or whatever, the Hirogen, the Doctor-heavy episodes) but had so many average to poor episodes and some absolute shockers that it suffers from that. If you managed to watch the one where Paris and Janeway turn into salamanders then you did better than I did!

I quite liked Enterprise; yes the theme music is shite and they had too many "wink, wink" stuff where they just seemed to invent new technology that was in classic Star Trek in an episode it was needed but there were some good episodes in there with the Temporal Cold War stuff and the Xindi arc.

First two seasons for Enterprise were pish.
Third season however I quite enjoyed.
22 episodes in final season so see how I get on.
And yes the theme music is brutal compared to the other ones.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, bennett said:

A federation ship from the past* travels to the future where the federation has fallen and aims to rebuild it.

They've copied Andromeda. 

*The 'then' present.

Andromeda was in part a Gene Roddenberry concept, throughout the various variations of the franchise ideas have been recreated in some shape or form.