Star Trek Discovery

welshbairn

There's 4 short episodes buried in the Trailers & More section of Star Trek Discovery. I don't think they've been mentioned so far as the first one was only released in October. They got brought up when talking about the show's premiere last week, otherwise i'd have never known they existed.
image.thumb.png.26a2a3d2628a6ee71113bf85ad4f36d0.png
Is that on the UK Netflix? There were 4 "Short Treks" shown in the US on CBS On Demand but IIRC, Netflix said they weren't planning on showing them (they have the rest of the World rights) or the other planned Star Trek series. If they're available here that's good news and hopefully means they'll show the Picard series etc.

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:
53 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
There's 4 short episodes buried in the Trailers & More section of Star Trek Discovery. I don't think they've been mentioned so far as the first one was only released in October. They got brought up when talking about the show's premiere last week, otherwise i'd have never known they existed.
image.thumb.png.26a2a3d2628a6ee71113bf85ad4f36d0.png

Is that on the UK Netflix? There were 4 "Short Treks" shown in the US on CBS On Demand but IIRC, Netflix said they weren't planning on showing them (they have the rest of the World rights) or the other planned Star Trek series. If they're available here that's good news and hopefully means they'll show the Picard series etc.

Yeah, UK Netflix. Scroll through to basically the end of the Trailers & More section of Discovery. They last no more than 15 mins or so. There's also meant to be a couple more coming, but animated.

Have to admit to enjoying the first episodes on season 2 far more than I did season 1. Feels like there has been something of a soft reboot to the show, while not shying away from what went before but not actually using that previous plot to drive the new story. Already the characterisation is far better and the plotting is definitely more Star Treky, if fairly obvious. Still expecting either Michelle Yeoh or Clem Fandango to turn up later down the line though.

On 01/02/2019 at 14:39, King Kebab said:

Yass, Clem Fandango and his ugly burd!!!

It's really sad but I really want Matt Berry to cameo as a communications officer or something, just so he can ask Tyler if he can hear him....

After a bit of reflection, it was still a good episode, with lots of nice easter eggs (Scotty kind of reference, no holograms on the Enterprise, even a nod to Voyage Home with the sphere damaging them by trying to communicate) 

They've also introduced the "out" for the Spore Drive being decommissioned and never spoken of again. 

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Hopefully at the end of this series Discovery is destroyed and everyone dies. So that next series can just be about Pikes Enterprise.

Nobody really dies in Discovery. They'd all just come back somehow.