The big Falkirk relegation/administration thread...

58 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Do you promise?

I'm hauling my was up Dundee on Sunday and would like some reward

Yes! I promise that as long as you and as many of your fellow bairns as possible turn up to Tannadice on Sunday, Loy will have the game of his life! :whistle

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MacArab said:

Loy will have the game of his life! 

I get the irony, but Sadly, there’s more chance Harris will than Loy, so that’ll be a bit of a long shot.   

Wonder what the odds are on Loy actually scoring for us at all before he’s shipped out in Jan.   

Guest Back Post Misses

"Superfan, Ritchie and Co" gave Houston the second biggest budget in the league. He pissed it up the wall on Luca Gasparotto, Paul Watson, Alex Harris, Joe McKee, Scott Shepherd, Liam Henderson, and another selection of mediocrity.

And let him away with it like they did Hughes.

10 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

If the board are telling the manager who he can and can't sign then we're goosed.

It's amazing that folk think a manager runs all of his signings past every board member to make sure they're okay with it before completing the signing. The vast majority of managers are given a budget and told to get on with it, the board just can't interfere in the job they've given a manager. Quite why anyone would want some random old guy who has some money to pick players for the team over a qualified manager is anyone's guess too.

How many board members nowadays are actual football fans and not just businessmen/women ? How many board members could name all the  players in their first team squad by first and second name ?  And lastly how many board members go out scouting and watching players they want to see playing for their team ? They should provide the cash and then leave it at that. It's up to the manager to have the final say on any signings and so it should always be the case, it's part of the managers remit and the board have employed him to carry this out. If we have board members deciding on who we can and can't sign based on ability, when they are notin their positions because of football knowledge then, as marshy said, we're goosed.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

BPM seems to think the Board should've stopped Houston signing Harris, Gasparotto, Henderson etc

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ahh right. f**k that.

BPM gonna BPM and blame the board for anything and everything, when dud signings were and are made by the manager.

45 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

How many board members nowadays are actual football fans and not just businessmen/women ? How many board members could name all the  players in their first team squad by first and second name ?  And lastly how many board members go out scouting and watching players they want to see playing for their team ? They should provide the cash and then leave it at that. It's up to the manager to have the final say on any signings and so it should always be the case, it's part of the managers remit and the board have employed him to carry this out. If we have board members deciding on who we can and can't sign based on ability, when they are notin their positions because of football knowledge then, as marshy said, we're goosed.

In the summer before last, we were signing players before a manager had even been appointed. Didn’t really cause that much of a stir amongst most of our fans. I don’t think it was even mentioned at the AGM and hasn’t ever been explained, afaik.

21 minutes ago, Flash said:

In the summer before last, we were signing players before a manager had even been appointed. Didn’t really cause that much of a stir amongst most of our fans. I don’t think it was even mentioned at the AGM and hasn’t ever been explained, afaik.

Clearly that is different though because you never had a manager so its missing the point.

Guest Back Post Misses
BPM seems to think the Board should've stopped Houston signing Harris, Gasparotto, Henderson etc

When you have group of owners/board members who let the clubs manager run away with dud signings three or four times in their tenure then you would thought they may have learned to manage their strategy by now.

The new CEO has said publicly we don’t have a recruitment strategy.

On 13/11/2017 at 09:29, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I presume you are therefore tipping Dumbarton for 9th?

Morton look dreadful too, and QOS although they seem to have our number this year, are no great shakes. I'd be looking to pass all three of those teams, although that would still only leave us in 6th which you are right is appalling.

Jose-Mourinho-121121-Laughing-G-300.jpg

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What?

All those statements are still true. Although toppling a team that scrambled a goalless draw against, erm, Montrose will be a tough ask, no doubt.

You'll be lucky to pick up another 12 points all season never mind claw back a 12 point deficit.

Archived