Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the Morton fans who post in the Falkirk fc thread, this is a big game for them, they seem to have an irrational hatred of bigger more successful clubs who have bigger supports for example us and St Mirren. If we set up a more balanced and attacking team then we've every chance of getting our first league win of the season. as for McHugh, who knows how good he could've been for us if he got a run of starting games, a player I was sorry we let go. I hope he bangs goals in for Morton and will always hope he does well purely for those last minute strikes against the rangers and hibs.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Going by the Morton fans who post in the Falkirk fc thread, this is a big game for them, they seem to have an irrational hatred of bigger more successful clubs who have bigger supports for example us and St Mirren. If we set up a more balanced and attacking team then we've every chance of getting our first league win of the season. as for McHugh, who knows how good he could've been for us if he got a run of starting games, a player I was sorry we let go. I hope he bangs goals in for Morton and will always hope he does well purely for those last minute strikes against the rangers and hibs.

The problem was that every time he did start he failed to impress unfortunately. It wasnt as if he never got the chance. 3 goals in 34 appearances last season says it all. 

59 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Morton fans have never liked Falkirk, it's  feck all to do with the size of your support though! Most Morton fans accept that yourselves, Dunfermline, and the Skunks are bigger clubs with a bigger fan base.

I am concerned for Sat as you just don't know how your players will react to Houston going but at the same time, we know we can beat anyone in the league when we play well and we are always pretty good at Cappielow.

On Bob, decent enough start for him,  5 goals in 12 appearances, 9 of those starts! Sometimes  you don't see him contributing much but his movement in the box is always a threat and puts in a good shift.  An interesting stat in the BBC top scorer section is that every shot he has had in the league has been on target. He has been benched the last 2 games, but i would bring him back in for Sat as he will be keen to score against you lot.

A win puts us 11 points clear of you. Who would have thought that after 8 games??

1 minute ago, madton said:

Morton fans have never liked Falkirk, it's  feck all to do with the size of your support though! Most Morton fans accept that yourselves, Dunfermline, and the Skunks are bigger clubs with a bigger fan base.

I am concerned for Sat as you just don't know how your players will react to Houston going but at the same time, we know we can beat anyone in the league when we play well and we are always pretty good at Cappielow.

On Bob, decent enough start for him,  5 goals in 12 appearances, 9 of those starts! Sometimes  you don't see him contributing much but his movement in the box is always a threat and puts in a good shift.  An interesting stat in the BBC top scorer section is that every shot he has had in the league has been on target. He has been benched the last 2 games, but i would bring him back in for Sat as he will be keen to score against you lot.

A win puts us 11 points clear of you. Who would have thought that after 8 games??

So what is the beef with us then? I've never seen Morton as any different to the majority of clubs we play against. Want to beat them but have never had any hatred or dislike for them .

Personally I've no strong feelings either way about Falkirk or any other club outwith Morton (well, apart from the gruesome twosome in the league above, obviously).

On P&B some have more than their fair share of roasters posting, but then again so do we (see above).

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Bit weird.

We've never been neck and neck for titles or anything, never faced each other in big cup matches as far as I can recall.

Maybe they just dislike everybody? Or is it a regular history of 5-1 fistings that has coloured their opinion so?

Certainly not since the late eighties anyway.  Few well known names played in that drubbing. Houstie scored the 4th and Alex Rae controlled the midfield. 

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Certainly not since the late eighties anyway.  Few well known names played in that drubbing. Houstie scored the 4th and Alex Rae controlled the midfield. 

Were there not two 5-1 wins down there? I remember Craig Taggart scoring in 93 or so.

Also a strolling 5-1 at Brockville in the same season. Cadette got a couple and Ricey scored a screamer.

Archived