Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

You didn’t say “where Morton were in May”, or “where Morton are going to be next May”. The reality is that Morton are above you, by a considerable distance at this early stage.

And I think you’ve got a misplaced perception of both clubs’ position in the grand scheme of things- we’re Championship clubs, and both pretty well established ones. You’ve been in this league long enough now that considering yourself a yo-yo club is now delusions of grandeur, whilst we had one crap season that resulted in a relegation.

How many failed promotion attempts is that now?

Seven? Eight?

Yo-yo club? Really?

Did Morton's season finish in March last season ?

8 points isnt a considerable distance unless you have 12 fingers

The last 30 year our clubs have spent probably the same amount of time out of the championship/old first division, one of us up the way the other down the way, so to pull out the "delusion of grandeur" from your Graham Spiers phrase book is completely wrong

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Did Morton's season finish in March last season ?

8 points isnt a considerable distance unless you have 12 fingers

The last 30 year our clubs have spent probably the same amount of time out of the championship/old first division, one of us up the way the other down the way, so to pull out the "delusion of grandeur" from your Graham Spiers phrase book is completely wrong

We have spend 22 out of the last 30 seasons in the second Tier.

You have spend 21 out of the last 30 seasons in the second Tier.

We are second Tier teams!

41 minutes ago, madton said:

We have spend 22 out of the last 30 seasons in the second Tier.

You have spend 21 out of the last 30 seasons in the second Tier.

We are second Tier teams!

I have spend what ?

Taking spendgate out, cheers for confirming what I already know

12 minutes ago, Pride_of_the_Clyde said:

With Morton being expected to get a positve result from this match, inevitably Falkirk win comfortably.

notwithstanding our current omnishambles status, which makes this a pretty bold suggestion, I’d wager it’s been a fair while since we’ve won “comfortably” at Cappielow, even when we were decent. 

Plus we would need to score at least twice - something we’ve yet to achieve in any league game this season - given that Sir Bob is guaranteed a goal. 

Ironically, the days of us last handing out 5-1 thumpings in Greenock may go back to having the likes of Paul Rutherford, Alex Rae and er.. Peter Houston in our team.  

Archived