Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Am I being whooshed here? Is this just at EEP, because after a quick check I've counted 14 wins over United since 2000.

I made the figure up.  I was just going for the seven-fingered-Fifer gag.  Glad you took it seriously enough to research though.  Well done you.

Like a home game for me this. Always enjoy going along the road to EEP.

They’re going strong just now, watched them once when they were at Tynecastle pre season and looked good.

United been shit all season but we played our best Saturday past when we started 2 up top against Morton. Fyvie looks fitter now and played his best. Keatings hopefully fully fit and amongst the goals. McMullan’s been quiet recently so hopefully he gets going on Saturday.

BTTS and a good crowd this Saturday. I’d expect at least 6000 (4200 home and 1800 away)

7 hours ago, Adam101 said:

McMullen recovered from his extra game and available? was a good player for us probably comparable to hoppy 

That's a fair shout. He had a decent spell but when you look at what he actuallly contributed in terms of league goals and assists it was very little. Could beat players with ease but generally did fek all after that. Cardle scored more on the first game of this season than McMullan managed the whole of last year. 

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

As long as he confines his bridie consumption to United's winning games, he'll be fine.

If any United fans visit a Stephen's bakery away from the ground, the steak and haggis pies and the buttered rolls are the best you'll find anywhere. Never mind the East Neuk, these are the main reasons to visit Fife.

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

What sort of attendance is expected for this game?

I reckon the away support will have been largely determined by McKinnon's formation against Morton.  Had he stuck with one up front, with the predictable result, I think many Arabs would have rubbered this one.

As it is there was apparently enough positivity in the play to encourage fans to attend what is a very important clash.  I'll still be on holiday and hoping for a better experience with Pars TV than I had with Arabzone.

I am not aware of any purveyors of steak bridies in Ibiza but I'll find a suitable substitute.

What sort of attendance is expected for this game?

6,600 at the St Mirren game two weeks ago so with a similar home crowd and another couple of hundred away fans, we won't be far away from 7,000.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am not aware of any purveyors of steak bridies in Ibiza but I'll find a suitable substitute.

Maybe a steak calzone? Or a gyros kebab. 

The St Mirren fans got 60 minutes or so of blazing sunshine (for they mainly fucked off when it went 3-0) recently so the Med experience may not be too dissimilar to a trip to Dunfermline. 

Archived