Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United

Let's party like it's fucking 1996 again lads!

No word of a lie, I'm absolutely buzzing for this one. A huge game, should be a bumper home crowd and my first Pars match since we sent Falkirk off the rails.

We've been superb so far and are well ahead of where most of us thought we'd be. United fans seem unhappy, although they're still clearly title favourites and will be tough to beat on Saturday.

Wedderburn to squish Fyvie, McManus to impress again and Ryan Williamson to continue his push to the 2020 Scotland Euros squad.

Roll on the 30th.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive game for both clubs, hopefully we bring a really good support (yesterday's win should help a little). This is the last league game before my first baby is due so it is the last away trip for me in a while and to be honest I couldn't be happier with it being Dunfermline. East End Park was my first away game as a United fan (in that fateful First Division season) and it is probably the ground I have visited most often as a an Arab (and sometimes as a Forfar fan too). A high scoring draw would be good enough for me, I think it isn't in the 'must win' category for either team and given Dunfermline's form a draw wouldn't be a total disaster.

Steak bridies all round!

I know winning makes it more enjoyable but what has impressed me about Pars so far is you can see how hard they've been working off the park, with the movement, fitness and creativity. Alllied to the consistent team selection we look so slick and so well drilled. The new boys have added quality and the existing players have found a new level.  

Oh is still fancy United to win this one! 1-2. 4th would do me nicely. At least we've shown we can give everyone a game now. Having seen Ray's part time Brechin school us he'll doubtless have a plan to shut us down on Saturday. 

Hopefully be as entertaining as the three saved penalties game.

Dundee United, having not set the heather alight, are still there, lurking like a ninja. If United score first we may have a problem. If the Pars can dish out a thrashing then I'll be more optimistic about, dare I say it, maybe winning this thing.

We're long overdue a win against these New Firm pretenders.

Missed yesterday's game due to Arabzone (money refunded).  So no way of personally knowing how well we played yesterday.

Dunfermline scoring for fun so far this season, mind you most Pars  fans can count on one hand how often they've beat us this century; it's seven.

I'll still be on holiday for this so I'll be watching it via Pars TV and be forfeiting the excellent steak bridies in favour of red Rioja.

Confident of a win. Record against United has been utter dugwank, however the team are on fire and some of them are playing on another level just now. Joe is going to be a miss but the sheer work rate of the team will make up for that. 2-0 Pars. 

It'll be tough to stop us scoring and Utd aren't exactly banging them in right now. Our back line is really good at present as well but prepare for our rare howler to happen in this game.

I was impressed with their business in the transfer window but it mustn't be coming together well for them as the Arabs I follow on Twitter are slaughtering the side almost every week.

Pars 2-0. McManus & Higgy.

27 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

McMullan played on the left for us and I think has been playing either there or centrally for United has he not?

Talbot looked to have a free role to hunt prey as he saw fit against St Mirren. Need some ball boys outside the ground to retrieve McMullan.

Archived