The wee Rovers v Big Rovers

Thought we just about deserved that, some amazing brave defending when Raith had a lot of the ball but they never really created many clear cut chance and the Raith keeper had a couple of great saves at the end. Did the Raith guy not punch the ball in ? Anyway what a goal for Connor - what a superb prospect he is.  

Onwards and upwards ! Magic victory and the home hoodoo is kicked into touch. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What John Herron has done since he arrived was summed up at the kick off after the albion second goal. He fucking clueless, half paced and a waste of a wage. The players needed to play the way they were facing as opposed to this trying to run by players. Barr was completely anonymous for the full 90 minutes yet stayed on the park. McKay never won a header and was being outrun by the forwards after being given a head start. If the plan was to play the longer ball then get court on at half time. It clearly wasn't working up until then. And finally can Lewis Vaughan stop being a greedy wee shit and get crosses into the box for the defenders who have come up to attack, as opposed to the pass back of a free kick.

12 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

What John Herron has done since he arrived was summed up at the kick off after the albion second goal. He fucking clueless, half paced and a waste of a wage. The players needed to play the way they were facing as opposed to this trying to run by players. Barr was completely anonymous for the full 90 minutes yet stayed on the park. McKay never won a header and was being outrun by the forwards after being given a head start. If the plan was to play the longer ball then get court on at half time. It clearly wasn't working up until then. And finally can Lewis Vaughan stop being a greedy wee shit and get crosses into the box for the defenders who have come up to attack, as opposed to the pass back of a free kick.

We've lost Cuthbert/Lennox, Benedictus, Robertson and McHattie so far. No team can lose their spine and expect to play to the same high standard every week. Give the guys a break ffs.

Graeme Smith has been an absolute bombscare for us since coming in, but that mistake today was something else.

I just burst out laughing as soon as it rolled in. What an absolute neep.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he a goalkeeping coach?

We've lost Cuthbert/Lennox, Benedictus, Robertson and McHattie so far. No team can lose their spine and expect to play to the same high standard every week. Give the guys a break ffs.

We never had mchattie in the first place. That performance today was inept to say the least. It took until the last quarter to look like scoring. They should have went to the bevvie park to train this week in preparation.

Looks like we've bust lots of coupons again today. Can't buy a win at home and and couldn't keep weans out a close at the back, so given the perverse logic of our season so far, it was probably obvious that we'd sort both out against the League leaders :rolleyes:

There really wasn't much in it for me. We were much better at the back with Lightbody and Perry finally standing up to some of the argy-bargy that goes on at set-piece crosses into the box, but it took a stupid error to go in front; God knows what the keeper was doing.

2nd half was better and young Shield's goal was a cracker. However, man of the match has to be Alan Trouten, he's like 'whack a mole' popping up and being an absolute pest to the opposition all over the park. 14 goals by the end of September isn't bad going either.

I don't rate g Smith but he basically won us the game last week. His saves kept us in it so we could go and get the late goals. He's fucked up today but it happens and we move on. Brian should never have been dropped in the first place though.

Court needs more of a chance in the team. Osei has looked pretty brutal so I was pleased to see Johnny have a head in the goal.

Mckay, for a guy his size can't head a ball. I don't really rate him.

Herron plays some nice passes no one else in our team would see but has been largely innefective so far.

Matthews looks half the player he was last season. He has a chance to step up and progress as a player so really needs to take it.

That should probably be in our thread. Congrats to the wee rovers and enjoy your night guys.

Dreadful performance from us today. Poor all over the pitch with Smith being a total bombscare. That first goal has to be seen to be believed. Albion Rovers second was a cracking strike and thought they deserved the win. 

In a bizarre way I'm sort of glad we lost. Too many people thinking we will piss this league.  We won't. Teams will fight and battle and will probably learn how to keep our strikers quiet over time. 

Totally agree on the ground. Actually really enjoyed it although the sunshine helped. Great to be on the terracing behind the goal.  Also I got through early and the amount of arseholes getting on Celtic buses and heading to the train station with Celtic scarves on was depressing. Fair play to the Albion Rovers fans for supporting their team. 

Herron has been terrible today. We've had nothing in the middle of the park.

The noticeable difference is centre midfield. Callachan and Robertson were a quality pairing.

Herron has a bit to do to convince me.

Heron for me was almost invisible today. Regardless of the players out today we should neither the desire nor the composure to make any impact today.

I strongly disagree with the sub at half-time. Trying to single Zinatta out as the scapegoat at that point was unfair. The whole time was infective the first half.

I strongly disagree with the sub at half-time. Trying to single Zinatta out as the scapegoat at that point was unfair. The whole time was infective the first half.

We desperately needed the sub at half time.

Spence did more in the first 3 minutes of the second half than Zanatta did in the whole first half. That's not me singling him out though as as it could have been Buchanan, B.Barr or even Vaughan and I'd be saying exactly the same.

The sub I had a problem with was Matthews for Jack Smith( a youngster who hasn't had a single minute on the bench this season never mind first team football) when we were 1-0 down chasing the game when we still had Osei and Court on the bench..

We desperately needed the sub at half time.

Spence did more in the first 3 minutes of the second half than Zanatta did in the whole first half. That's not me singling him out though as as it could have been Buchanan, B.Barr or even Vaughan and I'd be saying exactly the same.

The sub I had a problem with was Matthews for Jack Smith( a youngster who hasn't had a single minute on the bench this season never mind first team football) when we were 1-0 down chasing the game when we still had Osei and Court on the bench..

Yup but a change up top where there was no service is hardly the way to go.

Archived