The wee Rovers v Big Rovers

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big issues for us is that we've lost more than half of the Championship ringers, either through injury or transfer. Cuthbert, McHattie, Benedictus, Callachan and Robertson. Only Vaughan, Davo and Thomson still fit out of that lot.

30 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The big issues for us is that we've lost more than half of the Championship ringers, either through injury or transfer. Cuthbert, McHattie, Benedictus, Callachan and Robertson. Only Vaughan, Davo and Thomson still fit out of that lot.

Barr?

Barr?

I think my brain has blocked him out.

Barr seems a bit of an arsehole at times. Thinks he's better than he is and at a wee ground like Cliftonhill, where you are right on top of the players, to see him screaming "gimme the fucking ball ya wee dick" at a 10-12 year old ball boy. Just naw. Can't condone that. As I say, think my brain has blocked him out.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Barr seems a bit of an arsehole at times. Thinks he's better than he is and at a wee ground like Cliftonhill, where you are right on top of the players, to see him screaming "gimme the fucking ball ya wee dick" at a 10-12 year old ball boy. Just naw. Can't condone that. As I say, think my brain has blocked him out.

He had a go at the fans last week aswell telling a fan to f**k off then cupping his ears when we scored the first goal. Someone should really have a word.

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Disgusting, sackworthy behaviour.

15 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

When  Barr was at Albion Rovers a few years back then then `Vers manager Paul Martin said he didn`t know whether he was a football manager or a social worker when dealing with him.

And then he got rid of him.

15 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

He had a go at the fans last week aswell telling a fan to f**k off then cupping his ears when we scored the first goal. Someone should really have a word.

Probably too late for that.  

21 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

My only dissapointment was the 3 year old girl on the pitch at at half time she shouldnt have been there shocking behavior

Could you elaborate on that? Airdrie fan here, so wasn't in attendance.

We've got wee lassies that invade oor pitch every half time which is also a shocking disappointment.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:43, MC_Lachlan said:

This'll be the first game I can realistically make in almost 2 years. I'm home for a wee break, maw's letting me steal her car for the weekend, so gonna jaunt along to this.

It's strange what you miss when you leave home: Spending your hard earned to stand in the cold in places like Coatbridge watching turgid pish lower league football...maybe I'll get a crushingly disappointing result for full nostalgia points? Can't wait. :thumsup2

What a game to make. What-a-mistakea-to-makea!

If you'd been at the East Fife game you could compare and contrast. Those are the two away games I've made. Robertson, Callachan, Benedictus and McHattie played against East Fife. What a difference a month and the loss of a few key players makes.

Just seen Dross fucking Perry was at centre half for AR yesterday. That’s fucking mortifying. How is he still in the professional set up?

He scored a couple weeks ago causing one of the fans to lose a bet

3dbff697e779074064b8766760c97a81.jpg

This was the result note the RP5 at the bottom for ross perry and his number

When  Barr was at Albion Rovers a few years back then then `Vers manager Paul Martin said he didn`t know whether he was a football manager or a social worker when dealing with him

He shouted at paul martin in tge first half of a game away to berwickand was subbed at half time.

2 days later he was sent on loan to boness before being sold to brechin.

He was the best player in the squad by a mile that day. Paul martins only comment on the matter was no man is bigger than the club

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

He shouted at paul martin in tge first half of a game away to berwickand was subbed at half time.

2 days later he was sent on loan to boness before being sold to brechin.

He was the best player in the squad by a mile that day. Paul martins only comment on the matter was no man is bigger than the club

He was also paid off from his job with Paul's company on the Monday after the Berwick shenaningans.

Here, what an odd assortment of stewards Albion have. In the away end we had an oompa loompa with purple lipstick, and a tall guy with long hair who looked he'd been transported from the 80's

Archived