The wee Rovers v Big Rovers

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be my first trip to Cliftonhill and for a few others in our group. Think this might be the case for a good few fans? Hopefully a good crowd through. We had around 400 at QP so would hope to have at least that number again. Maybe a bit more. Big win for Albion Rovers today so should hopefully be a good game with two teams full of confidence.

Wee Rovers fans, what's the best alcohol selling establishment to sample? I see there is one bar pretty close to the ground (is there a bar in the ground too? Away fans welcome? tele's?). Any pubs got the football on close by or in town, pool tables etc? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

One of my last visits to Cliftonhill was a pre-seseason friendly some years ago, found my self standing next to Oscar winning actor Robert Duvall. Surreal or what?

So we have you to blame for his shite accent in A Shot To Glory?

Ah dear old Cliftonhill! Last time I was there I'm sure the speedway racing was still going!

Yup! It was that long ago! Ithink most of the old railway sleeper terracing was still in place. I remember a story about Murray McDermott being injured and needing an ambulance to take him to hospital but before that the doc had no hot water to clean him up. No hot water available in the dressing room!

Things must have improved since then. Surely?

Last time I was at Cliftonhill I'm sure a certain Bobby Barr caused havoc in our defence as we beat AR on penalties? Davidson also got sent off and was giving the fans the finger as he trudged off.

Yeah, the only time I've been. A terrible 120 minutes, could be wrong but I think Barr had a 'winner' chalked off harshly as well.

Will Raith fans get behind the goal? As I recall it's a terrible view from the main terrace at Cliftonhill. Looking forward to it, toughest game we've had since Alloa I'd say. Hopefully today's struggle has grounded both players and fans a bit.

I'll be going along too as it's one to tick off the grounds list (along with Gayfield and Stair Park). 

The wee Rovers seem to have a complete mixed bag of results recently to say the least. This week they pump Alloa, last week they're pumped by Stranraer, the week before the pump Arbroath away.  Earlier in the season they fired 5 past Queens Park at Hampden (sounds familiar), so it'll be an interesting game to say the least if we've got Robertson and Davidson at the back still. There's quite a few familiar names in the Albion Rovers line up . Trouten had an absolute blinder at Starks Park in the playoffs for Brechin. How has Ross Perry been btw? 

Hopefully we can get a player who is a good fit for the team to come in either at left back (and move Murray into the middle) or centre back. In midfield, I'd expect Zanatta to come into the team in place of Spence. Ideally it'll be a nice and open game for us. 

12 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Cliftonhill the second worst ground in Scotland, after Central Park, enjoy boys.

Any ground is enjoyable if you win. Hopefully that's the case on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, rw89 said:

I'll be going along too as it's one to tick off the grounds list (along with Gayfield and Stair Park). 

The wee Rovers seem to have a complete mixed bag of results recently to say the least. This week they pump Alloa, last week they're pumped by Stranraer, the week before the pump Arbroath away.  Earlier in the season they fired 5 past Queens Park at Hampden (sounds familiar), so it'll be an interesting game to say the least if we've got Robertson and Davidson at the back still. There's quite a few familiar names in the Albion Rovers line up . Trouten had an absolute blinder at Starks Park in the playoffs for Brechin. How has Ross Perry been btw? 

Hopefully we can get a player who is a good fit for the team to come in either at left back (and move Murray into the middle) or centre back. In midfield, I'd expect Zanatta to come into the team in place of Spence. Ideally it'll be a nice and open game for us. 

Any ground is enjoyable if you win. Hopefully that's the case on Saturday. 

They don't appear to like playing at home: 7    0  0  3   2   11     4  0  0   16   5

r

Archived