Rangers vs Motherwell LC Semi

The_Kincardine

I'd give my right baw to see us win tomorrow and indeed after we disposed of Aberdeen in the Quarters I was confident. However, as the game draws nearer I can only see a 'same old, same old' scenario where it just doesn't happen for us on the day and it will go one of two ways, either Rangers win by the odd goal after we put in a 'spirited' performance leading to the usual patronising pats on the back for giving them a good game; or we just don't turn up atall and end up losing by two or three clear goals.

I'd gladly take an utter shitfest ending 0-0 and us winning on penalties before a 'good, spirited display' but still losing any day of the week.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another? You say that like it happens every season.

There hasn't been a scumfest final for 6 seasons and only been 4 this century. It's really not that common

Nobody mentioned it being common, it’s utterly fucking disgraceful, and better avoided if possible.

A Celtic v Well final, from a genuine neutral POV would be great.

I felt confident all week but I've suddenly got the fear for this one now.

Sevco are absolutely dreadful so it would hurt a lot to turn up and get pumped.

Hopefully we show them zero respect whatsoever and get in about them right from the first whistle.

You also have to feel we'd give sellick a better game in the final as Sevco just don't turn up for a bigotfest these days.

4-0 Well. big kipre to get one and 8000 Well fans to go fucking mental. Over confident? Probably, but I don't give a shit. These days don't come round to often for us, so I'm making the best of it for as long as possible. Leave the negativity to the bed wetters. COYW.

14 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Hopefully we show them zero respect whatsoever and get in about them right from the first whistle.

You also have to feel we'd give sellick a better game in the final as Sevco just don't turn up for a bigotfest these days.

+1

That's it in a nutshell. 

Strangely enough, I reckon that had Hibs managed to pull off the shock against Celtic today then that would have put that little bit more pressure on us tomorrow, with a 'winnable' Final at stake so I think it suits us better, mentality wise, with all the odds against us an everyone expecting a Glasgow derby in the final.

As I said, I don't care how we do it, if we are in the final this time tomorrow I will be over the moon.

1 minute ago, well91 said:

4-0 Well. big kipre to get one and 8000 Well fans to go fucking mental. Over confident? Probably, but I don't give a shit. These days don't come round to often for us, so I'm making the best of it for as long as possible. Leave the negativity to the bed wetters. COYW.

If we win and Kipre scores then I will be advocating a change of club badge, even if only temporary, to replace the 'Craig towers with an image of big Cedric celebrating the goal.

If we win and Kipre scores then I will be advocating a change of club badge, even if only temporary, to replace the 'Craig towers with an image of big Cedric celebrating the goal.

You better get designing that new badge then mjc. It's happening. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji471][emoji471]

27 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Or you lot could try and actually play some football.....

No wonder our game is fcuked.

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There's been a lot of water under the bridge since I was at a cup semi at Hampden vs Motherwell.  Would be happy if history repeats itself tomorrow:

That team was liquidated.*

*Not Motherwell

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolute stone-waller :whistle

There's been a lot of chat on Steelmen this week about that game - and it's very re-assuring to see the level of bitterness intact 40 years later :) Before my time but the older ones I go to games with have always talked about it.  IIRC, the referee was struck off for brown envelope shenanigans (some time later and not for that game, but makes you wonder)....

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

There's been a lot of chat on Steelmen this week about that game - and it's very re-assuring to see the level of bitterness intact 40 years later :) Before my time but the older ones I go to games with have always talked about it.  IIRC, the referee was struck off for brown envelope shenanigans (some time later and not for that game, but makes you wonder)....

Image result for kenneth williams

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

Absolutely no hint of bitterness from me, of course.  What I do remember is just how grumpy a Rangers crowd can be.  It was the first time I'd experienced that.

Edit: Steelmen (which you referenced) has some delicious comments: http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=15532&page=80

I was particularly amused by:

The moment we went two nil up in that semi final in 1976 was the apex of that side. We had already put out Celtic and Hibs, and would have grubbed Hearts in the final. We were robbed, pure and simple., that night, and the fact that the referee was subsequently found to be corrupt is neither surprising or unrelated to the fact .
After that, it was downhill all the way for Willie McLeans team.
If anyone ever asks me why I hate Rangers, I just think back to this game. They have no shame, they never have, they never will. An abomination of a club and the home for c**ts of the highest order.
Party at my house on the day Derek Johnstone dies. All welcome. 

Archived