Rangers vs Motherwell LC Semi

The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, davied85 said:

great performance from the well.well desevered and if a had to pick a team to win cup or leauge except rangers it would be them.

Thanks for you kind words Brother.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am fucking delighted. What a day for our club to watch they fucking mutants sit in their own dribble.

How the f**k did Morelos not get booked earlier. He’s a horrible wee rodent. Well suited for that club.

Louis Moult is just brilliant.

I'd been scunnered with Motherwell for a while, particularly with McGhee in charge. This team and manager are a complete breath of fresh air.

Didn't play amazingly well today, but by christ do they fight for each other and the club.  Moult is a fantastic talent and has an absolutely faultless attitude, works and works even when there's nothing left in the tank and would run through a brick wall for his teammates.

We wouldn't have won that game with McGhee or McCall in charge, they'd have set up to counter some non-existent perceived threat from The Rainjurz. Robinson sees them for what they are, a shower of spineless crocks there for a pay day. He set his team up to play the same way they would anyone else and skooshed it. I wonder how many points Sevco pick up over a season on reputation? They really are a poor football team regardless of how much money they've spent.

I positively revel in Rangers mkII's constant misfortune, I love watching them lurch from one expensive disaster to another, get it right fucking up them.

Spare a thought for battered wives across Scotland this evening.

I normally check out Follow Follow for entertainment on days like today. The general consensus would appear to be that Louis Moult might be a decent signing for the Gers, but referees would be harsher on his robust style of play if he wore a blue shirt. Supporters of the Green Party, SNP and Labour would also appear to be to blame for this afternoon's defeat..   

2 hours ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Won't be a popular post in here but every Sevco supporter I've bumped into today has been brand new.

Rightfully acknowledging their team is dog shit .

Acknowledging their team is brand new would be better.

Absolute scenes at the second goal.
Top class finish.
Rangers just didn't have the heart or fight in them 2nd half.

The State of the diving/histrionics from Moreilos, Taverneir etc though btw.. Ooft

I've not been shouting about it this week but I've been genuinely confident that we'd win this - and to actually see it happen was brilliant. The "mood music" in the build up was so different than we are used to - no sense of apprehension coming from 'Well and Rangers spent a lot of time talking about us, which decent Rangers sides in the past simply never did.  What I found particularly weird was the extent that victories over an Accies side that everyone is beating and a win over a mis-firing St Johnstone were being talked up by Rangers as a sign that they were on top form - it came over as pretty desperate to me.

The game itself was a properly tousy cup tie - for all the hype that we are a physical team, I thought it was overplayed - but honestly, we overstepped it at times today and were lucky that our house Referee  took a lenient view with Bowman and Dunne. That said, it was great to see us getting stuck in and not let Rangers get into any sort of rhythm. As the game wore on, Rangers were running out of ideas and once we got our noses in front, there was only one winner. Moult's 2nd will be getting a few replays - but it continues to amaze me that no-one with a decent budget took a chance on him in the summer-  it's bizarre that he's still at the club, more so when you see what Rangers did pay for some of the  gutless wonders that were on the park today,

When I say this, I'm not giving it the Sevco stuff - but Rangers simply aren't the club they were. The institutional memory of winning leagues and cups has gone - there is no-one at the club that knows anything about it - and with that, any fear factor that Rangers relied on for big games has gone with it- for now at least. A team that were obviously sent out to exaggerate every contact and shrunk when the game got tough are nothing to be scared of for any team in our league. Pedro Caixinha has always had the air of a competition winner about him - he always seems like he can't believe someone has left him in charge of a big club - but I doubt it'll be something that he'll need to worry about in future. Even the wee shite banner about 27-1 made Rangers look smaller - their supporters wouldn't have cared  about us enough in the past to make that absolute fucking minter - the playoffs must still be a bit raw for them...

For us - Celtic in the final is obviously on a different level of difficulty - but we can forget about that for a few weeks and enjoy a brilliant day today....

49 minutes ago, gavin_3110 said:

I'd been scunnered with Motherwell for a while, particularly with McGhee in charge. This team and manager are a complete breath of fresh air.

We wouldn't have won that game with McGhee or McCall in charge, they'd have set up to counter some non-existent perceived threat from The Rainjurz. Robinson sees them for what they are, a shower of spineless crocks there for a pay day. He set his team up to play the same way they would anyone else and skooshed it. I wonder how many points Sevco pick up over a season on reputation? They really are a poor football team regardless of how much money they've spent.

I was honestly on the brink of chucking it altogether this time last year. I was so sick of the 'jobs for the (old) boys' culture at the club and McGhee's stewardship of the first team, I'd never felt more disconnected with the club and it felt like the only way was downwards with days like today being but a pipe dream. Fast forward twelve months and we have a manager and a squad of players who look like they are loving their football at the club and who have taken us to a Cup Final after disposing of Aberdeen and Rangers on the way. As you said, that would never have happened under McCall or McGhee, two men who fully subscribed to the "we're only a small club punching waaaaaaay above our weight, how can we be expected to compete with the bigger clubs" mentality. SR on the other hand actually sets us up to play to OUR strengths, not to stop the opposition playing in the vain hope we can nick something against the odds.

We may only be in October but I have loved this season so far and today, along with the Aberdeen win will live long in the memory.

Brilliant from Motherwell, enjoy it lads. There's nothing better than humping one half of those c***s at hampden in the semi when everyone had written you off. Hope you go and finish it off.

Also, been impressed with your manager during the week. Used the disrespect from the BT ads beautifully and had clearly drilled it into his team all week.

Today we saw that these cowardly b*****ds hate when it gets physical. Added to the fact they dont have the quality to break teams down and the refs arent giving them everything, it amounts to glorious scenes.

With 20 mins to go, id be surprised if i was the only person waiting on the ref giving them a dodgy pen or sending off a Motherwell player, since thats what we are all used to. Delighted it never happened

Archived