Rangers vs Motherwell LC Semi

The_Kincardine

According to SPFL website this game is on 3pm on Saturday 21st October.

Hope it is the Saturday but cannot see it being 3pm if as discussed it will be on BT sport. 

Look forward to it.  Should be a good game and we have a chance of an upset if we can continue to play as we did last night and recently.

Hopefully we can get near 10,000 home support. 

Bring it on

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only wanted to avoid Celtic as the other two teams are - IMO - beatable in a one-off game - so happy with the draw. I liked Robinson's reaction too - none of the fawning shite we used to get under McCall or the resigned-to-failure stuff that most 'Well managers trot out. I'm confident that we'll give a good account of ourselves as the current squad don't have a clue about Scottish Football and haven't developed the inferiority complex yet.

Hope Trevor Carson's Da is raging at the end of this.....

Given Rangers concede goals against any kind of top level calibre team we have a strong chance of winning this if we can keep everyone fit.

On the other hand we've kept two clean sheets and conceded only once from open place with Kipre-Hartley at the back.

3 hours ago, Richie said:

From that perspective you're right. Aberdeen a better team, so no reason why we can't beat Rangers.
Its just how we handle 30,000+ Rangers fans at Hampden... And Bobby Madden emoji32.png
Robinson was obviously involved in the play-off, so hopefully we go into the Semi with the same mentality. Certainly seem to be tougher mentally this season.

We're certainly a lot better equipped mentally to deal with playing in Glasgow against Rangers with 30,000 + fans than we were last season but of course it will still be very tough, but at the same time very doo-able so long as our preparation, set up and attitude is correct as it was last night.

Historically our problem in games like these is that we allow ourselves to be cowed by the name of the opposition rather than how good they actually are, if we can correct that issue we have as much chance as they do on the day.

We'll need to watch our discipline in this one as we now have Moult, Cadden, Kipre & Hammell all now on one yellow this tournament and we really can't afford to be going into the final - if and it's a big IF - we get there - without any one or more of that lot so we need to be streetwise. 

It will be financially delightful for the club - even though the prices are a rip off.

Been a cushy few weeks for you lot. 2 home games against Aberdeen with one on the telly and a semi-final at the national stadium. As you say though, tickets are a ridiculous price for both semis.

Hope 'Well get fired into these b*****ds.

• 2 weeks later...

Canny believe anyone thinks the prices are dear.

It has cost me £47 quid for my tickets to the next two games. One of them is a national cup semi final. The other is at a shitehole with 2 stands and double decker bus.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not actually feeling nervous about this one at all.

At the start of the season, the main expectation/wish from 'Well fans seemed to be, pretty universally,  to stay up and get a long overdue cup run - and by getting to the Semi after being 100% in the group, a brilliant ET win with 10 men in Dingwall and beating Aberdeen in the best game at Fir Park since the playoffs - we've done the second part already, regardless of what happens next.

Allied to the above, we genuinely couldn't be going into the game in a better frame of mind or form. The squad overhaul has clearly gone better - so much fucking better - than any of us expected, to the point that we've got a raft of players who would have been nailed on starters last year worried about their place on the bench.  We are far from perfect but we have been competitive in every game this season and have the options to change the way we play (and a manager who is happy to do so). Add in the fact that we've been doing a lot of good business behind the scenes in getting key players (and the manager) tied-up long term and in Motherwell terms you have a picture that is as rosy as it's going to get in the build up to a big game.

Rangers are a point ahead of us in the league and so obviously are a decent team themselves (;)) - so I've got no big expectations one way or the other - I'm quite happy to go and enjoy the rare trip to Hampden and see how it goes....

Archived