Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian - 23/09/17, 16:00.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We badly missed the option of bringing on Sammon after 60 minutes and had no outball whatsoever. The ball kept coming back to us and we know by now we're not good enough to survive that against even half-decent teams.

Otherwise I'm content with the performance, although I've no idea how Scully still earns a living off us.

The shitey old game of 2 halves cliche applies pretty well here. We were better in the first, Hearts had us under a lot of pressure in the second.

Elliott going off seemed to be the turning point. Which doesn't really make sense, as McGinn played well in his position and Nitriansky was fine at RWB, but for some reason we just turned to shit after him going off injured. People stopped wanting the ball, Scully's kick outs became unbearably bad and we just couldn't get out of our half.

Spittal was excellent again before he tired, and I thought Barton had a good game as well. Composed and effective passing, which makes a change from the last few weeks. Storey also played well - I hope this doesn't turn into an Azeez situation where he puts in a great shift but just can't score (albeit he's technically far superior to big Ade).

Barton started off shakily but got far better as the game went on.

Scully's kicking is about on a par with the Stuart Bannigan under 9's team we saw at halftime.

I'm not convinced that header was over the line, and it looks like the linesman hasn't flagged for a goal but the ref gave it? Perhaps I'm wrong, incident happened incredibly quickly...

Absolutely agree with the sentiment earlier about Sammon, think the obvious sub would have been him for Doolan (who didn't have one of his best games) for him to get us up the park were he eligible.

Not convinced by that Esma up front, strong and quick but skinned himself once or twice and didn't do all that much, well marshalled by Devine, Keown and Turnbull. Berra looked a bit clumsy too.

Saw Chris Erskine in the JHS which was neat.

edit: Hearts keeper was garbage first half, flapped at a couple of crosses and didn't get his body behind the ball for Spittals goal. Extremely lucky 2nd half when a shan kick went straight to Storey who just couldnt quite get a break of the ball to get a shot away.

we really really really really really need to start going up by more than just the one goal in games.

Was the Hearts goal over the line? Didn't get the impression from the players it had.

Was a decent game of football for both sets of fans, being bias I felt we should have taken 3pts from our 1st half + start of 2nd half

Overall, fed up feeling that we need a 2 goal cushion when we are on top else its not a win

1 minute ago, cilitbang said:

Was the Hearts goal over the line? Didn't get the impression from the players it had.

Was a decent game of football for both sets of fans, being bias I felt we should have taken 3pts from our 1st half + start of 2nd half

Overall, fed up feeling that we need a 2 goal cushion when we are on top else its not a win

I'm wondering if the ref gave it on the reaction of the Hearts players, almost all of whom claimed it was in.

I'm absolutely sick of Thistle. I'm glad it will be at least another month before I can see us again. The second half performance was as cowardly as I've ever seen.

I'm fairly certain the ball never crossed the line for the Hearts equaliser, but it was the least we deserved so I can't even muster up the energy to feel agreived by it.

This is by far and away the strongest squad we've had since promotion, yet we're sleep walking towards relegation. The idea that we should accept that we're 'slow starters' is nauseating. 

Archived