Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian - 23/09/17, 16:00.

Haven't seen a thread for this game, so here we are.

We get a trip to the west end to take on hopefully tired Partick. Decent start under Levein and they've had a couple of tough games against the Rangers on the spin with extra time last night. Another 2-1 win on the road will do fine.

4pm kick off seems strange though.

Feel free to discuss below...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the 4pm is an attempt to avoid mingling with the utter vermin who'll be around the city earlier in the day.

We've looked good in spells the last 2 games, although obviously last night will have taken in out of the players. Genuinely disappointing that Sammon can't play (I think) as he was excellent last night. Hopefully Cerny is back, as Scully isn't very good and, presumably, Sneddon isn't ready yet.  Barton needs dropped as well, he's been off the pace for a while now and a spell on the bench will do him good. 

Quite looking forward to this one, will be a tough game but hopefully Thistle have a bit of a hangover from ET last night.  Think Hughes and Randall are available for us again with Djoum out, would bring Cowie in for him and Hughes for Grzelak.

Is the Aitken suite open to away fans for this one?  Always quite handy for a few beers and the early games on telly.

16 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Is the Aitken suite open to away fans for this one?  Always quite handy for a few beers and the early games on telly.

I don't use the Aitken Suite, but I'm pretty sure they're fine with away fans.

Think the 4pm is an attempt to avoid mingling with the utter vermin who'll be around the city earlier in the day.

Sad state of affairs.
While I think the 4pm KO is absolutely pointless it's better than this game being the Sunday and also get to watch the first half scores come in... Yaldi?

Half 5 kick off would be better.

If I get paid on Friday then I'm going through for this

17 goals in Partick's last 4 games suggests that Firhill is once more "For thrills" and with a defence that doesn't look totally dysfunctional anymore we can be hopeful of conceding less than the hosts.

I'm going to say 3-2 Hearts

Be great to have a team visiting Firhill this Saturday whose supporters rallied round to save their club, as opposed to the absolute scumbags who allowed their club to die, who have been at Firhill twice in succession recently.

If they had put as much effort into saving their club as they do singing their sectarian bile they may have survived.

Looking forward to this game, think Hearts will be a different proposition under Levein, but we are improving as well.

Actually a wee bit disappointed Sammon is ineligible after last night, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Anyway, how will Thistle get on?

*checks Choose Your Own Thistle Adventure book*

Is it October yet?

No? Go to page 173

*turns to page 173*

You lose 0-2. 

Haven't seen a thread for this game, so here we are.
We get a trip to the west end to take on hopefully tired Partick. Decent start under Levein and they've had a couple of tough games against the Rangers on the spin with extra time last night. Another 2-1 win on the road will do fine.
4pm kick off seems strange though.
Feel free to discuss below...

As it was your club that requested the change of venue for not getting their act together over your new stand and having us in the city on the same day as the scumbags, then you will have to lump it.

38 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

As it was your club that requested the change of venue for not getting their act together over your new stand and having us in the city on the same day as the scumbags, then you will have to lump it.

I'm sure we've played at 3pm on the same day as the OF game before, though. Possibly even just last year.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I'm sure we've played at 3pm on the same day as the OF game before, though. Possibly even just last year.

We kicked off at Firhill at 2pm when they played on New Year's Eve last season when they played at Ibrox and 3pm v St Johnstone earlier in the season when they played at Celtic Park.  

Archived