Motherwell v Aberdeen - League Cup Quarter Final

rambunctious

Looking forward to another trip to Fir Park tonight. As much as I like Kenny McLean, he has been so poor, for most matches this season, that now is the time to leave him out. Ball for McLean, Christie for Maynard and MacKay-Steven for Stewart would be my changes from Saturday's starting team. Our defence needs to play a lot better than they have been doing. Also, can't understand anyone not wanting to get to a final, no matter who we'd be playing.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

If Arnason doesn't play I'm gonna be real mad. Fwiw I can see him scoring tonight. Big game player. Does this game go to a replay or ET and penos?

ET & pens, should they be required. Which I doubt they will as I've not got a great feeling about this game from a Motherwell POV.

Normally, it's people not wanting to set themselves up for a slagging when their team blows it - but I think here, it genuinely is a case of no-one being over confident. I actually prefer when the opposition support rolls up expecting their team to win comfortably - it means that they are on their teams' back after 15 mins....

After last season's horror shows against Aberdeen, it's a blessing that practically no-one in the current squad was involved. In fact - that's probably the secret of our fairly decent start to the season - the new players haven't learned that we're shite yet....

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Normally, it's people not wanting to set themselves up for a slagging when their team blows it - but I think here, it genuinely is a case of no-one being over confident. I actually prefer when the opposition support rolls up expecting their team to win comfortably - it means that they are on their teams' back after 15 mins....

After last season's horror shows against Aberdeen, it's a blessing that practically no-one in the current squad was involved. In fact - that's probably the secret of our fairly decent start to the season - the new players haven't learned that we're shite yet....

Aye I'd probably be a bit more confident if there was the usual smug, self assured bluster coming from the Don's ahead of this tie.

I'm looking forward to tonight but dreading it at the same time. I'm dreading the prospect of watching Aberdeen dump us out of yet another Cup competition at Fir Park, but if we were to beat them for once and reach the Semis? It would be a truly epic feeling and result.

We will have to play better than we have in the last couple to win tonight. Motherwell are in a decent run of form so we will need to up our game to get passed them. I thought McLean played well on Saturday so would be surprised if he was dropped. Would expect Christie to replace Maynard and GMS to replace Wright.

6 hours ago, betting competition said:

Not sure if you are fishing - if so then got a bite!

I would disagree with that - our best chance of a trophy is in the cups and a one-off game against Celtic we have a chance which we showed in the Scottish Cup final which our long hard season caught up with us after 60 minutes. 

Looking forward today trip away and also looking forward to our supporters club going to Club 100 - always good to help out other supporters clubs! 

Don't get me wrong, of course I'll be delighted if we win and get through to the semis but Celtic look unstoppable at the moment and another Hampden humping by them whether it's in the semis or the final is hard to get excited about.

I'm sure I'll feel less pessimistic about the whole thing by KO time but I remember being so much more pumped up for the 1/4 final in 13/14 when we were favourites by then 

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Russell Anderson to run on an punch the winner into the net in the 97th minute.

Don't make me dig out the last day of the season 2nd place trophy video!

Anyway - work is getting canned for the day - let's hope it's a good one...

21 minutes ago, Swello said:

Don't make me dig out the last day of the season 2nd place trophy video!

Anyway - work is getting canned for the day - let's hope it's a good one...

I don't think I've seen that one. Much.

Looking forward to a good clean fight. No scratching, biting or hair pulling. And may the best team win. As long as it's us.

Archived