Motherwell v Aberdeen - League Cup Quarter Final

rambunctious

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful from Aberdeen. Maybe passmarks for Christie and Shinnie, but everybody else was somewhere between poor and dire. Unfortunately, a result like that has probably been coming; we haven't played well all season, but that was easily the worst of the lot. We didn't even look like scoring at 2-0 down. 

Fair play to Motherwell. 3-0 was the correct result. Moult is some player. 

Motherwell have been good but Aberdeen massively disappointing, compounded by a couple of bizarre second half substitutions by McInnes. First chance I've had to see Stevie May since his return north. At £400,000, what price Moult! His first was a touch of class even if fortunate but the third is what every club craves, a player who just makes the job look easy where it matters.

Wondered where Motherwell's identity would go with the recruitment policy over the summer but clear that the fans can relate to the current squad. Not sure it'll be a cheaply assembled squad mind you. Be much easier for the talented young players coming into this side than the one that has struggled over the past few years too.

That was a shambles from us. Motherwell defended in numbers and gave us nothing then attacked with purpose. They look like a team who know each other inside out, credit to Robinson for that.

I still don't know what system we're trying to play. We offer nothing from wide positions and anything we do through the middle gets snuffed out. We eventually revert to the long ball which doesn't work at all.

Lewis had an uncharacteristicly bad game. The third goal was the worst of the three to concede imo, if not the most obvious.

Fair play to Motherwell. They played with intensity from the first minute. Moult is a fantastic player and Motherwell's decision to keep him has been vindicated by getting to the semi's. The connection between your fans and the club is admirable, particularly the group in the corner, the ground was rocking tonight. I hope you get to the final, especially after seeing that draw.

f**k me!

That.Was.SENSATIONAL!!!

A fantastic, battling performance against a good side and Moult's goal to clinch it was magnificent.

The best game at Fir Park since the Playoffs and let's bring them on again and repeat that at Hampden.

I don't care what anyone says about the League Cup, that tonight was tremendous and pisses over any European guff we've ever played at Fir Park.

See Stuart McCall, THAT is how you beat Aberdeen in a Cup.

Fantastic night!!!

That was the biggest demolition in the area since Glencairn Tower got exploded.

3-0 going on 4 or 5 or 6.

Motherwell took the so called 2nd best team in Scotland and scrunched them into a paper ball and then launched them into a waste paper bin across the room.

Allan Campbell is a star in the making.  If that's how good he is with 11 games under his belt what's he going to be like with 150?

And Louis Moult.  Got two goals tonight when most strikers wouldn't even have made the effort to go for the ball.  Makes goals out of nothing.  The guys a magic act. 

Trying to think of a worse performance than that under McInnes - team selection baffling McLean out wide and then could go on about subs and no width after that.

Second biggest game of the season so far and manager tactics and players performance dreadful. The result was coming as so many off form in the last 5 games. Not one player gets pass marks tonight.

Twist and shout very loud near end, what a great turn out from Motherwell fans and good luck in trying to win competition

20 minutes ago, MJC said:

f**k me!

That.Was.SENSATIONAL!!!

A fantastic, battling performance against a good side and Moult's goal to clinch it was magnificent.

The best game at Fir Park since the Playoffs and let's bring them on again and repeat that at Hampden.

I don't care what anyone says about the League Cup, that tonight was tremendous and pisses over any European guff we've ever played at Fir Park.

See Stuart McCall, THAT is how you beat Aberdeen in a Cup.

Fantastic night!!!

I fucking love how hyped you've been recently :lol:

Aberdeen miss Ryan Jack so much. He was the only thing that linked defence and attack together. Mclean and Shinnie look lost without him and our centre backs have nobody to pass to now. People slated his backwards passing but it was those passes that shaped our attack.

Archived