The Edge v The Jai - 23 September, Tannadice Park

Behave yourself Stu. Edjengule had no idea how to handle him first half. Every time the ball came into his channel Jai put him under pressure which resulted in him shelling the ball or giving poor passes away. The only time he had the better of him was when Jai decided to give Toshney a hard time.
Overall I can't really complain about the result. First half was pretty even with United having the better chances but second half we didn't get going at all. Without Quitongo chasing every ball and putting defenders under pressure we didn't have an awful lot going forward. It's painful to watch our fullbacks at times this year and United very quickly realised that our right side was 2 against 1 (with our 1 being the confidence shattered/ not that good Doyle) because Ross Forbes is miles away. Mark Russell is nowhere near the player he can be this season (or the end of last season) and is offering nothing going forward whilst defensively he's always been a bit ropey and hasn't stopped a cross coming into the box all season. Their poor performances weren't helped by O'Ware being off the boil too.
Positives to take from the game aren't too many but Armour looked like he could be a decent prospect from his time on the pitch.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Just watching the goals back. Clear dive from Ross Forbes for the free kick which led to the equaliser. For shame :( 

From the GF I thought it looked like he was attempting the triple jump so late was his collapse. 

Behave yourself Stu. Edjengule had no idea how to handle him first half. Every time the ball came into his channel Jai put him under pressure which resulted in him shelling the ball or giving poor passes away. The only time he had the better of him was when Jai decided to give Toshney a hard time.
Overall I can't really complain about the result. First half was pretty even with United having the better chances but second half we didn't get going at all. Without Quitongo chasing every ball and putting defenders under pressure we didn't have an awful lot going forward. It's painful to watch our fullbacks at times this year and United very quickly realised that our right side was 2 against 1 (with our 1 being the confidence shattered/ not that good Doyle) because Ross Forbes is miles away. Mark Russell is nowhere near the player he can be this season (or the end of last season) and is offering nothing going forward whilst defensively he's always been a bit ropey and hasn't stopped a cross coming into the box all season. Their poor performances weren't helped by O'Ware being off the boil too.
Positives to take from the game aren't too many but Armour looked like he could be a decent prospect from his time on the pitch.

So you acknowledge that Edge cleared the ball every time he was up against Quitongo? Don't care if it is a boot out the park or a punt up the pitch because for me, an ageing centre half who has no pace did a perfectly fine job against a young, quick attacker who on paper should be able to beat him on the ground every time.

So you acknowledge that Edge cleared the ball every time he was up against Quitongo? Don't care if it is a boot out the park or a punt up the pitch because for me, an ageing centre half who has no pace did a perfectly fine job against a young, quick attacker who on paper should be able to beat him on the ground every time.

OK, if dealing well with him meant panicking and booting it away then yes he did deal with him. He did however repeatedly give possession back to Morton. The reason that nothing more came of that battle was that Quitongo was so isolated up front. Second half Quitongo got absolutely nothing from him granted.

Any P&B thread that's predicated on a player doing particularly well is a curse.  That is a scientifically proven fact that I people should have learnt by now.

We should call it 'Jai's Law' for future reference.

Was Jai Quitongo playing yesterday? I assume that guy who Edge had in his pocket for most of the game, missed a sitter when he did finally manage to get in a good position and immediately go off injured couldn't possibly have been him, as there is no way the real Quitongo would have been that ineffective.

On 9/23/2017 at 15:57, Tonsilitis said:

Thank you Arabzone.  With my son in North Carolina and we have paid for the stream twice and it still does not work.  Instructing credit card company to cancel payments but disappointed can't see game.  Crap service.

It's not organised by Interstadia by any chance?

Archived