The Edge v The Jai - 23 September, Tannadice Park

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance we didn't deserve to win that game today. I thought that despite the first half possession being fairly even we created so many more chances and the second half was pretty one-sided apart from Quitongo clean through and a couple of dangerous balls into the box after silly free kicks given away by us. 

The most pleasing thing about this afternoon was that we actually managed to put in a fairly positive performance. We created some chances, played at a decent pace for most of the game and we looked like a team who were willing to chase the ball at times too. Hopefully the Dumbarton and Falkirk type performances will be on the odd occasion and not the norm because I rather enjoyed the game today and the entertainment value was there. I thought Durnan was excellent, Fyvie very good and both McDonald and Keatings caused problems. Poor Jamie Robson, the boy is never really going to develop as a player. His confidence and decision making on the ball is absolutely dreadful. If he wasn't a rarity in a left footed fullback there would be no chance he would have made it as far as he has.

United pulling out that type of win for those African children was a nice touch. 

Archived