Pro Ev 2018

Dindeleux

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually screaming at the tele the other night on BAL. I have little strength so rarely win any tackles. I slid in from a bit away and thought I took the ball before the AI fell over. I'd have been clean through on goal had the foul not been awarded.

I actually waiting for the replay and it was an absolutely delicious tackle; about as good a tackle I've ever made on any PES game (seriously!). I was absolutely fucking livid they had given a foul.

• 2 weeks later...

Massively looking forward to PES 2019 after the SPFL was announced as a licensed league, the idea of playing a season with Accies is great.

What's the chances of the stadiums getting put in?

Massively looking forward to PES 2019 after the SPFL was announced as a licensed league, the idea of playing a season with Accies is great.
What's the chances of the stadiums getting put in?
Very slim.

Only clubs with special license deals like Liverpool will have their stadium in the game. Would be good if they bring back the stadium editor though.

I've been playing Pes lite for the past few months, does anyone know if I buy the full version off psn will my online league team still be available or will I need to start from scratch?

Right, I was Pro Evo/PES up until about 4 years ago when I switched to FIFA purely for Ultimate Team. I much prefer playing other people and now that I have reached saturation point on this year's FIFA I noticed I can get PES 18 for £6 through Playstation Plus. The online mode seems to be something people aren't too complimentary about with PES so is it worth giving it a bash or not?

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Right, I was Pro Evo/PES up until about 4 years ago when I switched to FIFA purely for Ultimate Team. I much prefer playing other people and now that I have reached saturation point on this year's FIFA I noticed I can get PES 18 for £6 through Playstation Plus. The online mode seems to be something people aren't too complimentary about with PES so is it worth giving it a bash or not?

The online mode is ok, though there doesn't seem to be much matchmaking. It tries to match you with similar online ranking but there are often so few players on at any time it can be difficult to do this. You can quite easilly get a scudding for your first few games and do huge damage to your ranking. MyClub takes time to build an anywhere near decent team, and all of the GP giveaways and special agent windows are gone. Would probably be a slog and put you off 2019.

Seasons is a bit shit. Unlike FIFA where it tends to match you similar level teams, you usually come up against PSG or the like, which is an issue as you need to win games with shittier teams to earn enough points to avoid relegation / win promotion.  I avoid this mode for that reason.

Online on PES is ok, but it needs to be in MyClub, and you really need to be on board with that early doors.

For £6 id say give it a bash for playing with your mates to see if you like the gameplay etc, but if you really want to go online i'd probably wait till 2019 comes out.

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The online mode is ok, though there doesn't seem to be much matchmaking. It tries to match you with similar online ranking but there are often so few players on at any time it can be difficult to do this. You can quite easilly get a scudding for your first few games and do huge damage to your ranking. MyClub takes time to build an anywhere near decent team, and all of the GP giveaways and special agent windows are gone. Would probably be a slog and put you off 2019.

Seasons is a bit shit. Unlike FIFA where it tends to match you similar level teams, you usually come up against PSG or the like, which is an issue as you need to win games with shittier teams to earn enough points to avoid relegation / win promotion.  I avoid this mode for that reason.

Online on PES is ok, but it needs to be in MyClub, and you really need to be on board with that early doors.

For £6 id say give it a bash for playing with your mates to see if you like the gameplay etc, but if you really want to go online i'd probably wait till 2019 comes out.

Cheers for the info, I will probably get it just out of curiosity and will give it a go. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back online recently. Forgot about lagging. Had a win streak of 4 going and the the 5th guy gubbed me due to it. Was fucking furious. It was so bad there was a delay every time I tried to switch players with L1. In the end I just sat the controller down and let him get on with it.

Really enjoying the Master League mode, my connection is usually pish online so the smallest bit of lag really effects gameplay in my opinion.

Started with Burton Albion, top of the league after 7 games, think I'm need to move up to the next difficulty after regular however.

Master League and Become A Legend are brilliant.

Online can be fun if there is no lag issues but that's never guaranteed. Its the only area where Fifa pumps PES.

Can't wait for 2019 already. Master League with the licensed Scottish League will be incredible. Wonder if someone will make up a Scot Championship update.

14 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Wonder if someone will make up a Scot Championship update.

I wish the option files were an option on Xbox as thats my "primary" console, and this is the reason I don't play PES 18 as much! I have it on PS4 with option files but my PS4 is rarely on as gaming is as much a social thing for me and all my mates are on Xbox. I also have PES 18 for Xbox through the game pass but it really does put you off when you're playing as Merseyside Blue... as much as i wish it didn't! 

Archived