Islam - co-existence, terrorism and reformation

banana

Poll  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Internet tabs I currently have open.

1; Pie and Bovril.

2; Gmail

3; BBC news.

Other running programs include works email, electronic logging system and a process monitoring program named PI.

What are other P&B posters currently looking at that is much more entertaining than bananas bigoted pish??

1. Twatter
  2. 365/Sharepoint
  3. CRM system
  4. An article on brexit from Vanity fair that's quite good https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/theresa-may-takes-her-darkest-most-desperate-turn-yet
  5. P&B Gen Nonsense
  6. Google image search for spiderman memes about halal

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had two flatbreads with roast chicken and salad cream, a Nature Valley Protein Peanut & Chocolate bar, and a flat white coffee with a bit of honey for lunch, was quality. Did go past the communal fruit bowl, but just ignored the battered, past its sell by date banana. 

That's not what my post is doing, it's drawing attention to the link between radicalism and orthodoxy, and therefore the need to reform that orthodoxy if radicalism is to see a decline.
Which lies and basic misunderstandings, exactly?

Reform orthodoxy to curtail extremism? Is this your point? In what way should orthodoxy be reformed? In the direction of extremism to net a few extremists who aren't quite as extreme? Or a less hard line orthodoxy where the pillars are pretty much ignored?
Not sure you know what your point is & it's pretty much a C&P job to maintain your WUM status?

3 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Reform orthodoxy to curtail extremism? Is this your point? In what way should orthodoxy be reformed? In the direction of extremism to net a few extremists who aren't quite as extreme? Or a less hard line orthodoxy where the pillars are pretty much ignored?
Not sure you know what your point is & it's pretty much a C&P job to maintain your WUM status?

And what lies and basic misunderstandings?

Just now, mrcat1990 said:

Going by all the lunches described on here I'm not surprised Scotland has an issue with heart disease.

Many 'decent' posters on here confessing to putting crisps in a sandwich. I try hard not to look down on people but for the over 12's that is a mental health indicator. 

I had two flatbreads with roast chicken and salad cream, a Nature Valley Protein Peanut & Chocolate bar, and a flat white coffee with a bit of honey for lunch, was quality. Did go past the communal fruit bowl, but just ignored the battered, past its sell by date banana. 

I'd shoot that shite with a ray gun. It's Friday man, enjoy yourself!

24 minutes ago, banana said:

Question 2 is asking about Islam, not individual Muslims you might have met.

On questions 3, so you'd take it a step further than 'Islamophobia' and call concerns with a growing Muslim population xenophobia?

On Q2: I have no real experience with Islam as a religion. It has not impacted on my life to any noticeable extent and I doubt it ever will. That being the case, I have to relate the question to my experiences on an individual level and how those individuals project their religion on a day to day basis during those interactions. With that in mind, my only criticism of Islam is that in my experience, Muslim women have hairier fannies than the average British Christian female, but are a couple of dress sizes skinnier.

On Q3: I don't think there are concerns with a growing Muslim population. I think there are concerns with a growing "Non British/Non Christian/Non White/You're not from around these parts, are you boy?" population.

ETA: Had a club sandwich for lunch.

I'm terrible at keeping up to 20 tabs open at one time.
Right now its only 6 - P&B, Youtube: Galaxy Note 7 exploding, Images: Cute Muslim Cats, Listening to the new music releases on the site Boomkat, BBC News: NASA Casani breaks up, and how to spell circumvent properly.
No shame.

Circumvent- but I guess you know that now.
Therefore this post can be circumvented.

I'm sitting here having a spicy Thai seafood selection when a flash of lightening went overhead. I proceeded with the 1 elephant 2 elephants scientific response to determine the distance of said strike.
It got me thinking, there is no fucking way elephants can run that fast in 2 miles. I've seen them run at full pelt with my own eyes.
I think we have all been lied to by these so called scientists.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

On Q2: I have no real experience with Islam as a religion. It has not impacted on my life to any noticeable extent and I doubt it ever will. That being the case, I have to relate the question to my experiences on an individual level and how those individuals project their religion on a day to day basis during those interactions. With that in mind, my only criticism of Islam is that in my experience, Muslim women have hairier fannies than the average British Christian female, but are a couple of dress sizes skinnier.

On Q3: I don't think there are concerns with a growing Muslim population. I think there are concerns with a growing "Non British/Non Christian/Non White/You're not from around these parts, are you boy?" population.

ETA: Had a club sandwich for lunch.

On Q2, fair enough. The dress sizes is true almost everywhere else, tbh.

On Q3, you're mistaken in your first sentence. Conflating this concern with all xenophobia is unfortunate, lazy thinking that's hyping this concern... and subsequently may actually be creating more actual xenophobia. Push people into a corner by labeling them xenophobes for their concerns is counter-productive, see Brexit.

5 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Fair do's, but still don't get the thrust of your OP (as I suspect you don't) what are you waffling about?
Orthodox to move to extremism?
Orthodox to move to Liberalism?
It's not really very clear.

Neither is that :lol:

2 minutes ago, banana said:

On Q3, you're mistaken in your first sentence. Conflating this concern with all xenophobia is unfortunate, lazy thinking that's hyping this concern... and subsequently may actually be creating more actual xenophobia. Push people into a corner by labeling them xenophobes for their concerns is counter-productive, see Brexit.

I'm going to disagree. While there is undoubtedly a rise in anti Islamic sentiment I don't think it is entirely separate to the rise in Xenophobia in general. Muslims are just the new Irish, who were the new Blacks, who were the new something, no doubt. Historically, you tend to see a rise in Xenophobia following a period of Economic downturn. Generally, that is all that has happened. People want to blame someone for bad things that have happened, and it's easier to blame minorities. Islam is just unfortunate that it is probably the most visible and easiest to blame of the minorities right now.

Archived