Clyde v Edinburgh

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ps think you will find Ferguson never lost a game to Edinburgh city in fact out of 4 games he won two drew two

Surely this is now the top entry on his CV. Avoiding defeat in 4 games against Edinburgh City certainly puts captaining Scotland into perspective.

Id rather be in Clydebank Juniors position. Winning games,Leagues and 3-400 fans is actual decent attendance....

Trips to arthurlie. Pollok or Talbot any worse than berwick. Montrose or Edinburgh Away??! Nah didnt think so...

What defo doesnt appeal to me is Stirling uni. Vale o leithen or any old south o scotland league team.

Id rather be in Clydebank Juniors position. Winning games,Leagues and 3-400 fans is actual decent attendance....

Trips to arthurlie. Pollok or Talbot any worse than berwick. Montrose or Edinburgh Away??! Nah didnt think so...

What defo doesnt appeal to me is Stirling uni. Vale o leithen or any old south o scotland league team.

Clydebank have won 3 trophies since going junior and one of them was central league division 2 and the other two the sectional and central cup. They've just been promoted back into the top flight of the West juniors. So no we wouldn't be playing the likes of Pollock. We would be playing the likes of Lanark Utd and Carluke Rovers as we would need to start in the bottom tier.

If we were in the same league as Clydebank last season then it would be the likes of Cumbernauld Utd and Shotts.

Why don't you support Clydebank Juniors then?

Clydebank have won 3 trophies since going junior and one of them was central league division 2 and the other two the sectional and central cup. They've just been promoted back into the top flight of the West juniors. So no we wouldn't be playing the likes of Pollock. We would be playing the likes of Lanark Utd and Carluke Rovers as we would need to start in the bottom tier.

If we were in the same league as Clydebank last season then it would be the likes of Cumbernauld Utd and Shotts.

All that AND in front of bumper crowds of 300. I'm sold. . .

Fully aware of where we would start...

Had enough of 3rd div fitba. Crowds and no progress...

My/Our Club only going one way unless one of us win lottery and spice things up..

That.ll be 5 more ppl than at our gamed in Jan/Feb....

What is our aim at the start of the season. Take the 70k from the league. Hope we dont finish 10th whilst playing hoofball & expect everyone to be happy...

Its shite. Accept it

You honestly think we'd play better football in the juniors and be able to sign better players? If clyde went to the juniors the majority of the remaining fans would disappear.

6 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

What is our aim at the start of the season. Take the 70k from the league. Hope we dont finish 10th whilst playing hoofball & expect everyone to be happy...

Its shite. Accept it

So if we were playing free flowing football under say Lauchlan , would your opinion be different?

Its shite. Accept it

And your idea of better is the juniors? :lol:

Its shite. Accept it

It is shite and I'm not happy but wanting to leave to an even shiter destination makes zero sense to me.

It's a bit like Aberdeen saying we are not good enough to qualify for the Europa League so let's just bin Europe and play in the challenge cup instead. We might win a few more games there.

I can remember thinking relegation into League 1 wouldn't be so bad. We'll probably win more games.

Then we got relegated again.

It's an absolutely crazy idea and thank god it's only one person who seems to think it's a good one.

It is shite and I'm not happy but wanting to leave to an even shiter destination makes zero sense to me.

It's a bit like Aberdeen saying we are not good enough to qualify for the Europa League so let's just bin Europe and play in the challenge cup instead. We might win a few more games there.

Im not overally keem either but im looking at bigger picture. Would be interesting to ask a shire fan their thoughts of lowland league..We.ll end up their quicker than other way & we wouldnt return...

Im not overally keem either but im looking at bigger picture. Would be interesting to ask a shire fan their thoughts of lowland league..We.ll end up their quicker than other way & we wouldnt return...

The standard of the lowland league is better than the juniors and improving year on year. It's probably a better standard than the highland league too overall, without the financial doping that sees rich business men bring in name players, as happens in the highland league.

I would imagine financially as well you would be far better off in lowland league than juniors, especially short term with parachute payments.

It is demoralising and shite watching us scrape about in the gutter year after year but going junior is not the answer.

Bin all talk of moving wherever the grass is supposedly greener and channel all funds and efforts into the playing squad and we might get somewhere.

Its shite. Accept it

You mean we could be like Clydebank and play fantastic football with stars like...er... Phil Johnston?

I'll rather stay watching Clyde for a few more seasons and see us playing in the Championship.

You finished 5 points ahead of us after our worst season in recent history, recording two draws and two loses against us whilst only registering a single goal and playing some of the most depressing 'football' ever witnessed at this level. Simmer down.

And you've beaten better teams than us aye? Please.

We beat Arbroath and Elgin who are significantly better than you.

Archived