Clyde v Edinburgh

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great goal from Edinburgh but otherwise it's utterly dire, kick anything that moves, football.

Fair enough, we're playing into their hands. Struggling to get Goodwillie isolated against the back three. Playing too direct even if a direct approach is the best way to counter such a defensive team.

Got what we deserved. Never have I seen a team so devoid of ideas playing against a team with 10 behind the ball - that shambles against Alloa years ago springs to mind as well. 

Knew as soon as Munro flew in from behind they would score.

Wasn't there today but I know it'll have been some laugh.

Repeating Stirling was never going to happen. As I and others remarked post-match, we played that one like a cup tie. If we approached this one like we could've repeated it, we were fools.

I'm going to guess that this afternoon... We missed Ramsay's guile. Nicoll and Cuddihy were an improvable pairing in the engine room; the former being sluggish and past his best in so many respects and the latter not being one to impose himself on a match without quite a lot of preconditions being in place. Burbridge and Ramsay saw little good quality feed as a consequence of our full backs and centre halves being, with the exception of Stewart, murder in possession and instructed to hump it in any case. Moreover, Edinburgh stuffed things out and would've made their lives difficult in any case. Lastly, Lamont didn't dazzle as I'd hoped and Goodwillie played much as he did against Stenny and for the same reasons.

I don't think anything's changed. We still need another centre half and centre midfielder, both of whom should have a good level of experience and athleticism. And we need to know when to deploy Osadolor from the off.

Archived