Clyde v Edinburgh

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will agree with you gentlemen, that an easy home win seems likely in this one.

I'm afraid City are poor this season. 

We've nothing up front, nothing at all in midfield, and defence started the season badly but improving.

Obviously Clyde had a good win last week, away at the champions elect!  You should be confident!

3-0 would be my guess!

I will agree with you gentlemen, that an easy home win seems likely in this one.
I'm afraid City are poor this season. 
We've nothing up front, nothing at all in midfield, and defence started the season badly but improving.
Obviously Clyde had a good win last week, away at the champions elect!  You should be confident!
3-0 would be my guess!

Have you lost players?

1 minute ago, cfcuk said:

Have you lost players?

Joe Mbu and Dougie Gair both retired.  Two big players in our rise to league football, gone.  A few other boys left to join the Spartans.

This is almost a new team we have this season.  We had them all in as triallists for pre-season games, and even although most were average we signed them all anyway!

It's looking likely to be between us and cowden for the wooden spoon I'm afraid!

Joe Mbu and Dougie Gair both retired.  Two big players in our rise to league football, gone.  A few other boys left to join the Spartans.
This is almost a new team we have this season.  We had them all in as triallists for pre-season games, and even although most were average we signed them all anyway!
It's looking likely to be between us and cowden for the wooden spoon I'm afraid!

Didn't realise that you had changed so many players

Looking forward to this one. After last week, these next 2 home games are the perfect chance to get a good run going and properly start the season.  Duffie should come in at RB, he played for the u20's last night so hopefully he's match fit. Other than that I'd probably keep the line up the same, with maybe putting Lamont out left instead of Wright

As much as I would like the predictions of a high scoring one side Clyde win to be accurate I am not certain we will get as much space behind the back line as we have been able to utilise so far this season. Edinburgh City are much more likely to sit deep to try counter DGW's pace and movement and we might need to be a bit more patient with the ball. That said, confidence should be high after the Stirling match and with City''s lack of goals we should be looking to secure a win with a clean sheet.

Have I read correctly that Craig Beattie has been playing in central defence?

Using last season's tactics by Edinburgh City as a guide, I'd expect to face a difficult task to break down.

Their lack of good form may make them go out looking for a draw.

I think we would do better against a team high in confidence and going all out for a win like Stirling Albion.

If we get an early goal 3-1
If they take the lead 1-1 or 0-1

Miller leaving is a blow as I think we'll need good delivery into the box to break down their defence.

Burbridge should play, as I feel a jinky winger will cause them to commit fouls around the box and give away corners.

I think they will play deep so pace up front will not be as important for Clyde. So no Smarticus. Lamont in.

If Edinburgh sit deep, Ramsay can stick one in from 20 yards. If they push up, we'll get them in behind. Think people are underestimating Wright's intelligence, movement and link-up play off the touchline as well. I hope we'll start at 100 mph but similarly hope we don't over commit early on as Edinburgh taking the lead would make it a challenge. Edinburgh have some decent midfielders but a bit of mobility in there should get the better of them.

Massive game tomorrow. Two wins in the next two home games would be a great statement of intent before going to Montrose.

47 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

Good player. Terrible attitude - particularly towards his team mates.

Cant agree he was a good player sorry, overrated, could not defend and no where physical enough to play in this league.  Attitude absolutely stinking on the  park.

Have I read correctly that Craig Beattie has been playing in central defence?

He has but was back up top last week. We defended pretty well against Berwick but created very little after an initial flurry of chances. I wouldn't be expecting a classic here. Would like to beat Clyde at some point before one of us departs the league but cannae see it happening on Saturday.

So Miller gets dropped, then leaves the next week? Conspiracy theorists will have a field day. I Blame Barry, the CIC and the regeneration of Barrowfield.

[emoji38]

You forgot about the club dies if it stays at broadwood and the peppercorn rent at the new stadium in East kilbride

They are the best yet [emoji23]

Archived