Welcome to P&B 4.2!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

The liking own posts thing is a bit shit, but if it means keeping the dots then it's a necessary evil.

You can't like your own posts.

2 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

Only really use the app and there doesn't seem to be anything different

App hasn't changed. All that's really changed is that we've put a new theme on the desktop version.

The rep system has been changed back to the way it was, so really there is only a few minor amends.

I'll install some alternative themes and see if that helps.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

^^^^ Poacher turned gamekeeper

Honestly pal, you think you've got it tough just being a poster, but I've got to grips with all the new hide / delete / edit / ban type features. 

As Alan Partridge said, "And they say nurses have it tough". 

I'm on the app but based on the comments and screenshots I'd just like to say this:

For about 10 years I've wished that the people at killiefc.com would change their forums to look like P+B and now it seems that it's actually P+B who have copied the lads from Ayrshire.

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What's this "Thanks" thing all about? You can now green dot, red dot or "purple crown" them - which you'd think would be some sort of accolade, but just appears to say "thanks". 

I guess I've just answered my own question. 

You can also heart them which is apparently like. 

So wtf is the difference between up-vote and like?

Tbh, you do need a 3rd options besides a green and a red. A green to me is like buying someone a pint, a red like kicking them in the baws. You don't really want to do either for minor responses, so thanks kinda works. But feck knows where like / upvote fit in. 

Just now, Div said:

I've changed the ligher blue to grey on quoted posts, and reduced the size of the avatars down by 30% to reduce the spacing between posts.

Better?

I still miss the "P&B Classic" theme but generally it seems absolutely fine.  Really not sure what the big fuss is about.

BUT the font size does need to be addressed.  Mostly it is too small for gentlemen of a certain age  but there also seems to be an inconsistency in font size.

Archived