Saints v Sons

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I've already said the money doesn't bother me. You scrambling about trying to defend it and getting upset at people pointing out the reason for the increase is really weird though.

I'm not scrambling about (I'm not even defending the price) nor am I upset. The weird thing is telling us you're not bothered about a price and actively moaning about it simultaneously.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not scrambling about (I'm not even defending the price) nor am I upset. The weird thing is telling us you're not bothered about a price and actively moaning about it simultaneously.

I'm not moaning about the price. I'm questioning your justification of it. This is not difficult.

Well it clearly is about ' ripping off' the bigger crowd. It's not like 10'000 fans are descending, it'll be 800 or so. It's a chance to exploit a bigger turnout and make a bit of extra money. Why Dumbarton fans are getting so squealy about this being pointed out is a mystery. All this bollocks about extra costs us just that, bollocks.

Aye, that Twitter implosion would suggest we're the ones getting squeely.

And aye, those extra stewards, police and printing costs come as charitable donations. Totally forgot about that.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

And aye, those extra stewards, police and printing costs come as charitable donations. Totally forgot about that.

Which would be covered by the extra tickets sold, or are you saying Dumbarton lose money when more fans turn up?

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

Which would be covered by the extra tickets sold, or are you saying Dumbarton lose money when more fans turn up?

Unless I'm missing something, surely you've answered your own question here. When more fans turn up the prices go up to ensure we don't lose money.

No.

What I'm saying is in any walk of life increased costs = increased price. It's completely basic stuff and employed by almost every business on earth.

It would be completely daft of us (especially with limited capacity) to use money that would normally go into the coffers to cover the extra costs instead of adding this to the price of the ticket. The same way numerous clubs have done and continue to do across the Championship and Premiership, incl St Mirren in the past.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

No.

What I'm saying is in any walk of life increased costs = increased price. It's completely basic stuff and employed by almost every business on earth.

It would be completely daft of us (especially with limited capacity) to use money that would normally go into the coffers to cover the extra costs instead of adding this to the price of the ticket. The same way numerous clubs have done and continue to do across the Championship and Premiership, incl St Mirren in the past.

It's about making extra money off the bigger crowd. The policing and stewarding cost won't be much more than any other game v St. Mirren, as the crowd won't actually be significantly higher. Ticket printing costs aren't expensive and, even better, you get someone else to sell them for you. 

It's about making extra money off the bigger crowd. The policing and stewarding cost won't be much more than any other game v St. Mirren, as the crowd won't actually be significantly higher. Ticket printing costs aren't expensive and, even better, you get someone else to sell them for you. 

Ok, we'll leave it at that then.

66508dd239369cb2e7e644295b8aca53.gif

3 hours ago, GAD said:

Why would a game being all ticket mean you have to charge £2 more?

we don't produce tickets for our normal games - i've never really understood why when we play at your ground - I need to buy a ticket from the woman, then walk round to the turnstiles with it...why not pay at the turnstiles

so I would assume the extra cost is for printing the tickets, and for additional stewarding as you presumably will be bringing a decent away support

5 hours ago, Trump said:

So Dumbarton are charging an extra £2 per head because they're only just about breaking even with the wages they are paying? Sounds like gross mismanagement on their part and St Mirren fans shouldn't have to stump up the costs because you can't budget properly.

58b0405736606_kashwood1.jpg.33bfd3bf2d5ddc4e95f22c23bdcc79a5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So as this game approaches, must say I’m looking forward to seeing Kyle Hutton playing for the opposition. [emoji3]

We’ve struggled against Dumbarton but hoping we can come away with the 3 points.

Will a tight game, I’ll go for 2-1 saints

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

So have St Mirren funded our survival bid sold out their allocation then or has a boycott been successful?

There won't be a boycott as most of the guys kicking up a fuss about £2 will happily spend a helluva lot more on a pre match bevy. The last I heard was that we've just about sold out the allocation.

Archived