Saints v Sons

The St Mirren games weren't category A last season, were they? Just had a look on the website and found this
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2626
Some Saints fans are acting on Twitter like this is the first time this has happened, but they were actually fortunate last season (and the season before, assuming this is correct) that we haven't been charging them the big team tax so far.

The game we played against St.mirren in Feb/mar ended up all ticket and st.mirren fans had to fork out £20. We hadn't ear marked the game an all ticket, cat A game but it ended up one. All other st.mirren games up to that point had not been all ticket.

Just to add we don't categorise them as cat A and B games anymore apparently. They're either ticketed or not. If ticketed it's £22. I was hoping we wouldn't have any ticketed games this season with the ridiculous price. It could back fire yet although with St.mirren playing well and close proximity I can't see an extra couple of quid putting that many folk off.

I was actually having another think about it and whilst I don't agree with the prices and even the decision to make it all ticket. I can understand charging more when there is greater demand. We can't provide enough seats for the expected numbers so why shouldn't we charge a bit more. This is part of every day living in the capitalist society we are part of.

Also as some other saints fans pointed out it's no different to what saints used to do when the old firm game to town. In addition as also pointed out it affects the potential home fans attendance more. For home fans there isn't a need for making it all ticket and less will go in the home end.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game we played against St.mirren in Feb/mar ended up all ticket and st.mirren fans had to fork out £20. We hadn't ear marked the game an all ticket, cat A game but it ended up one. All other st.mirren games up to that point had not been all ticket.

Just to add we don't categorise them as cat A and B games anymore apparently. They're either ticketed or not. If ticketed it's £22. I was hoping we wouldn't have any ticketed games this season with the ridiculous price. It could back fire yet although with St.mirren playing well and close proximity I can't see an extra couple of quid putting that many folk off.

I was actually having another think about it and whilst I don't agree with the prices and even the decision to make it all ticket. I can understand charging more when there is greater demand. We can't provide enough seats for the expected numbers so why shouldn't we charge a bit more. This is part of every day living in the capitalist society we are part of.

Also as some other saints fans pointed out it's no different to what saints used to do when the old firm game to town. In addition as also pointed out it affects the potential home fans attendance more. For home fans there isn't a need for making it all ticket and less will go in the home end.

Slightly different when we charged the Old Firm extra. The Old Firm wanted to charge ourselves and other clubs 5% admin fees for distributing their tickets. So we and other clubs decided to sell the tickets directoy to the OF fans and add the extra £5 per ticket for the 'inconvenience'. We will still need to purchase our match tickets from StMirren, albeit Dumbarton will need to print them off and add an extra few stewards on match day.

Could potentially backfire as Saints fans might stage a boycott but I personally can't see it. Should still sellout the away end without too much fuss.

We should maybe hand overs £20 note and pay the extra £2 in 5ps as a slight protest, no doubt there will be a banner made.

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Twitter meltdown from Div and co is especially hilarious.

Amazing tbe amount of times you need to repeat yourself with them. 

Q - why is this 2 quid more than every other game?

A - because it's all ticket, as stated on our website since the summer.

Q - so you're just robbing St Mirren fans?

A - no.

Q - so why is this game 2 quid more than every other game?

:death

Actually hope we make the next game £30 now.

So Dumbarton are charging an extra £2 per head because they're only just about breaking even with the wages they are paying? Sounds like gross mismanagement on their part and St Mirren fans shouldn't have to stump up the costs because you can't budget properly.

No, we're chargin 2 quid extra because it's an all ticket game. The same way we've charged 2 quid extra for all ticket or "Cat A" games since Rangers and Hearts appeared in the division.

The price is absolutely ridiculous but we're not the only team in Scotland who charge a couple of quid extra for games which require extra policing, stewards and the printing of tickets.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

So Dumbarton are charging an extra £2 per head because they're only just about breaking even with the wages they are paying? Sounds like gross mismanagement on their part and St Mirren fans shouldn't have to stump up the costs because you can't budget properly.

It's not like a Falkirk fan to be cross about our ticke...

Carry on

No, no, no.

We've budgeted on you selling out your end.

Thats budgeting properly.

40 minutes ago, Trump said:

Image result for shaking head in disbelief gif

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's nothing to do with additional costs or the like and everything to do with us hating St Mirren and looking to rob their extremely wealthy fans.

Well it clearly is about ' ripping off' the bigger crowd. It's not like 10'000 fans are descending, it'll be 800 or so. It's a chance to exploit a bigger turnout and make a bit of extra money. Why Dumbarton fans are getting so squealy about this being pointed out is a mystery. All this bollocks about extra costs us just that, bollocks.

It is weird how the previous seasons we've been let off with the 'Robin Hood' tax [emoji14].

In all honesty it doesn't bother me. It's not even the price a pint being added on.

It is more the principle now because it could open the door for everyone to start charging more than £20 now. We are all already paying Premier League prices for a much poorer standard.

Should be £15 max at this level across the board. If clubs can't afford that pay the players less, and if players don't like it they can find a gig elsewhere for better money. Simple.

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Can Dumbarton ensure that the extra cost of £2 on the price of a ticket means that they have to start Kyle Hutton.:thumsup2

We're using the extra £2 to pay off his contract.

In all seriousness, with our injury situation he's more than likely going to start unless Carswell recovers from his nose operation in time. Scott Gallacher will definitely start too unless we find a keeper in the next 2 weeks. Calum Gallagher probably won't play though.

13 minutes ago, GAD said:

Well it clearly is about ' ripping off' the bigger crowd. It's not like 10'000 fans are descending, it'll be 800 or so. It's a chance to exploit a bigger turnout and make a bit of extra money. Why Dumbarton fans are getting so squealy about this being pointed out is a mystery. All this bollocks about extra costs us just that, bollocks.

Don't pay it then, simple. If we're big robbing b*****ds don't give us any money. Why St Mirren fans are getting so squealy about a price which their own club charges for Championship games is a mystery.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We're using the extra £2 to pay off his contract.

In all seriousness, with our injury situation he's more than likely going to start unless Carswell recovers from his nose operation in time. Scott Gallacher will definitely start too unless we find a keeper in the next 2 weeks. Calum Gallagher probably won't play though.

Don't pay it then, simple. If we're big robbing b*****ds don't give us any money. Why St Mirren fans are getting so squealy about a price which their own club charges for Championship games is a mystery.

I've already said the money doesn't bother me. You scrambling about trying to defend it and getting upset at people pointing out the reason for the increase is really weird though.

Archived