Saints v Sons

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

That was last season, the irn Bru cup is a total irrelevance now that it's even more geared up for the premiership colt teams. The only thing that matters to the majority is league points and promotion.

The majority of our core support were at the Challenge Cup match last Saturday. 

I would guess if we had reached the Final this Season, we would have at least double our core support attending. 

The Colts are all out and if they are there next Season, it's up to all of us to give them a right good gubbing. 

Support our Clubs in all competitive matches. 

My favourite two Saints games in 49 years have been Cup Ties. 

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I'd love us to get to the Fizzy Cup Final, we might even take 500.

Anyway, back on topic, fancy a 2-2 draw this Saturday.

For me its a total lack of respect for lower league clubs having Colt team involved  the proff is in the pudding look at attendances compared to leauge gate's.  Other side of the coin fully understand why you would like to reach the final , however enjoy the moment as this is a great time for your club. 

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

For me its a total lack of respect for lower league clubs having Colt team involved  the proff is in the pudding look at attendances compared to leauge gate's.  Other side of the coin fully understand why you would like to reach the final , however enjoy the moment as this is a great time for your club. 

Scottish Cup and League Cup attendances are generally smaller than League crowds. 

Have been for decades since Season Tickets became only valid for League Matches. 

Some only love a Final. 

6000 in 1993

7000 in 2005

And 5000 at Fir Park last Season. 

9 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not a great time for our Club. 

Already out of two Cups. 

And thanks to Ross, a shameful exit last Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Not a great time for our Club. 

Already out of two Cups. 

And thanks to Ross, a shameful exit last Saturday. 

I get the feeling you're less than happy with the gaffer who has you top of the league? Cup runs are nice but surely the bigger picture for St Mirren is getting back to the Prem?

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Yeah. I agree re the Colt teams.

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I get the feeling you're less than happy with the gaffer who has you top of the league? Cup runs are nice but surely the bigger picture for St Mirren is getting back to the Prem?

I always hope to win every competitive match. 

As I mentioned my 2 favourite games in 49 years have been Cup Ties. 

I am dying for us to win the League. 

We do not need to prioritise. 

The Cup Tie was 7 days after previous league game and 7 days before the next. 

ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD REASON TO REST PLAYERS. 

They are full time professional football players FFS. 

Best Team at all times for competitive matches. 

19 minutes ago, shull said:

I always hope to win every competitive match. 

As I mentioned my 2 favourite games in 49 years have been Cup Ties. 

I am dying for us to win the League. 

We do not need to prioritise. 

The Cup Tie was 7 days after previous league game and 7 days before the next. 

ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD REASON TO REST PLAYERS. 

They are full time professional football players FFS. 

Best Team at all times for competitive matches. 

Your fringe players need to be ready to step in when your best players are injured/suspended. Using the Challenge Cup seems a reasonable time to give them game time and keeps your best players injury free for a vital game against your bogey team :rolleyes:

If you win the league nobody will remember the Raith loss.

The fizzy cup starts to mean something if you get to the semis , then you're in it to win it.

Getting knocked out quarter finals or before, it's not a big deal.

Hate these games against Dumbarton. On paper we are expected to win given our full time status and wages ect but it rarely has worked out that way.

Would gladly take a 1-0 win with the winner going in off someone's backside.

45 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Your fringe players need to be ready to step in when your best players are injured/suspended. Using the Challenge Cup seems a reasonable time to give them game time and keeps your best players injury free for a vital game against your bogey team :rolleyes:

If you win the league nobody will remember the Raith loss.

I will remember the Raith loss forever just like I remember the disgrace that was our 3-0 victory over Edinburgh City last Season. 

Fringe players and youngsters can be played any week. They can be subbed on in the second half when the match is comfortably won. 

Last Saturday was a competitive first team Match and had to be won. 

They failed due to Ross's attitude. 

16 minutes ago, Young gun said:

How do you work ignore on here..?

Nah second thought ,I’ll just go back on the Morton thread and wait for the lawyers letters to start :thumsup2

If it's me, why would you want to? 

You can't possibly disagree with anything I have posted today or any day. 

If I bore you, fair enough. 

Ta ta 

Got my ticket for myself and since parent child  £30 still a bit steep but will be all worth it hopefully come 4.50 on Saturday.  I predict saints to win 2-1 or 3-1 with Morgan scoring a brace and Reilly, Froxylias to score and impress for sons and Stelios and him to embrace at ft.

36 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Got my ticket for myself and since parent child  £39 still a bit steep but will be all worth it hopefully come 4.50 on Saturday.  I predict saints to win 2-1 or 3-1 with Morgan scoring a brace and Reilly, Froxylias to score and impress for sons and Stelios and him to embrace at ft.

froxy.thumb.jpg.de7435aa636199c94fb54974a3f821bb.jpg

Archived