Saints v Sons

Looking forward to getting back to competitive football with the first team. We are at the top of the table for a good reason while Dumbarton have been difficult games i fully expect a professional job.  Jack Ross at the start of the season wrote on his office board first quarter 21points we are on 18 going into the last game of the first quarter win we achieve the 21 set. Fully expect St Mirren to win i have no fears no disrespect to Dumbarton.  

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will (Agent) Buchanan play? 

I thought our team would pick itself but Aitken's comments after the Stranraer game suggests there might be changes.

Not making the game as it's @donald's wedding. Should mean we're blitzed enough not to really care too much about the result. Would take a point, that would give us 10 after the first quarter which would be a great start.

Boycotts are rarely successful. We'll sell out the allocation and those really bothered by it won't go or won't bring kids etc. 

It might have hurt attendance if a bigger allocation was possible but given it's not a huge allocation I think we'll sell through it. 

17 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Where's the post gone that claimed Jack Ross had targetted 21 or 22 points this quarter gone?

It's that batshit crazy I can believe it.

Why is it batshit crazy? 

Managers set targets in every single job in the world. Our private target for the first quarter was 21 points. We didn't intentionally state this publicly and the only reason anyone is aware of is that it was up on a background white board during a video produced by the club. It wasn't pointed out or raised as an issue, it was spotted by someone watching the video. 

We welcome back Lewis Morgan and Liam Smith from international duty, we also have McGinn Cammy Smith and Jamie McCart to come back into the starting line up. 

Hopefully we can win at what has been a very difficult fixture for us in the past two seasons.

A win to end the first quarter would have us in a position that I didn't expect to be in at this stage. In all honesty I thought top 4 would have been a realistic target, but it's the most open championship for years.

23 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Looking forward to getting back to competitive football with the first team. We are at the top of the table for a good reason while Dumbarton have been difficult games i fully expect a professional job.  Jack Ross at the start of the season wrote on his office board first quarter 21points we are on 18 going into the last game of the first quarter win we achieve the 21 set. Fully expect St Mirren to win i have no fears no disrespect to Dumbarton.  

We haven't been without competitive football since pre season in early July.. 

Expecting a draw - Dumbarton are a very well organised team, and have always given us problems since we came down. Good manager in place, they consistently punch above their weight to the point where I am never surprised to see them beating/taking points from the so-called big boys of the division.

A win would be the most unexpected result of the season, but who knows?

40 minutes ago, shull said:

We haven't been without competitive football since pre season in early July.. 

Saturday's game in Dumbarton will prove the Irn Bru cup game was treated for what it is a joke of a competition . Get rid of the colts and it might be taken seriously again.

38 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Saturday's game in Dumbarton will prove the Irn Bru cup game was treated for what it is a joke of a competition . Get rid of the colts and it might be taken seriously again.

Our Manager treated it with contempt which he should be fecking ashamed. 

It was a COMPETITIVE FIRST TEAM MATCH. 

And Raith  Rovers deservedly skelped us. 

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Anyone who gives a flying f**k about the irn-Bru fizzy pop cup is just ripping the piss. Nobody cares.

5000 Saints cared enough to go to Fir Park last Season. 

35 minutes ago, shull said:

5000 Saints cared enough to go to Fir Park last Season. 

That was last season, the irn Bru cup is a total irrelevance now that it's even more geared up for the premiership colt teams. The only thing that matters to the majority is league points and promotion.

Archived