Championship Worst XI and where would they finish in this league

The other thread got me thinking, what's the worst Championship XI we could come up with and how few points would they get? First nominations from myself are Mark Ridgers for the #1 jersey, and Kyle Hutton for a nice role in central midfield. I'll keep the OP updated as and when suggestions come in.

Mark Ridgers

Collin Seedorf Jean-Yves M'voto Coll Donaldson Joe Chalmers

Fraser Aird Kyle Hutton Mark Kerr Alex Cooper

Scott Shepherd Felitciano Zschusschen

Subs: William Edjenguélé, Matthew Elsdon, Isaac Layne, Scott Mercer

This thread can only end well.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Darren cole at centre back

Surely we're choosing from current Championship players or we could be here all day.

I'd vote the Edge for centre half, absolute donkey. M'Voto probably gets a shout there too. I haven't seen him play but by all accounts Joe Chalmers is awful. From Dumbarton you could select any one (or all) from Chris Johnston, Calum Gallagher, Mark Stewart or Scott Gallacher.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely we're choosing from current Championship players or we could be here all day.

I'd vote the Edge for centre half, absolute donkey. M'Voto probably gets a shout there too. I haven't seen him play but by all accounts Joe Chalmers is awful. From Dumbarton you could select any one (or all) from Chris Johnston, Calum Gallagher, Mark Stewart or Scott Gallacher.

I was going to put him in, but given Yinited fans seem to like him I can only assume he only looks like a total diddy when we take points off them. Chalmers seems a good shout for LB. I was going to put in Stewart, but he's practically Stephen Dobbie compared to Scott Shepherd.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Fire Scott Shepherd in up front. Struggle to think of a worse 'striker' in the division.

Luca Gasparotto and Paul Watson as the centre back pairing as well.

Fantastic shout

M'Voto is an even poorer version of The Edge and should be guaranteed a starting position in this team and Dunfermline's as well for comedy value. 

Lee Robinson managed to slither off Queen of the South books just in time; an absolutely garbage, clownshoes diddy of a goalkeeper. 

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I was going to put him in, but given Yinited fans seem to like him I can only assume he only looks like a total diddy when we take points off them. Chalmers seems a good shout for LB. I was going to put in Stewart, but he's practically Stephen Dobbie compared to Scott Shepherd.

Fair, I'll allow it.

Harsh to leave Luca Gasparotto and Paul Watson out of the team both of whom make the Edge look like Alessandro Nesta. Joe McKee was absolutely rank as well.

Scott Mercer is gubbins but probably hasn't played enough to get the place in the team.

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

All I have to add to this thread is that Coll Donaldson is no longer available to captain the team.

Don't tell me we've been relegated already?

ETA - Ridgers and Chalmers are absolute shoo-ins.

Archived