The Relegation Rumble - DFC vs BCFC

We have arrived at the match everyone's been waiting for - the two part-time teams of the division to lock horns.  Both teams come off of fairly good results but find themselves a bit disappointed not to have collected more points and both teams are yet to chalk up their first win.

For Dumbarton, this is absolutely a must win. We've been pish at home and haven't actually scored a league goal at home yet - both need to change this weekend for us to have any chance of taking 3 points, Brechin will be no mugs and will give us a tough game. Having said that, if we can't beat the only other part time side at home then it's difficult to see where we pick up the points necessary to avoid the drop.

With any luck Kyle Hutton still won't be fit and he won't take his place next to Carswell - having Wilson in there is a risk because he can do silly stuff but he at least tries things that will create chances/goals. Hopefully another game under the belt for Froxylias sees him improve again, I thought he was very tidy in the first half against United and kept our play moving which is something we have missed this year. I'd start this team:

Gallacher

Wardrop - Barr - Hill - McLaughlin

Carswell - Wilson

Roy - Froxylias - Walsh

Nade

I fully expect Dowie will walk back into the side though and Roy might find it difficult to get in despite clearly being the best option out wide. I would also mention that Calum Gallagher actually looked useful on the right when he came on at the end, he actually had the confidence to beat a player with skill which is a nice change.

How do the Brechin fans think they'll get on?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard games just keep coming

i expect us to start

smith

mclean chrighton mcgeever 

lynas dale graham sinclare dyer

Orsi        

Mcclennan

i mentioned on another topic that I can't see this being a classic , us being defensive minded and with Dumbarton struggling to score goals il go for a 0-0 or 1-0 either way

big game for us as we need to start putting  points on the board, also need to get this not winning monkey off our back 

1 minute ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Hard games just keep coming

i expect us to start

smith

mclean chrighton mcgeever 

lynas dale graham sinclare dyer

Orsi        

Mcclennan

i mentioned on another topic that I can't see this being a classic , us being defensive minded and with Dumbarton struggling to score goals il go for a 0-0 or 1-0 either way

big game for us as we need to start putting  points on the board, also need to get this not winning monkey off our back 

Wow - two names in that projected Brechin midfield which will strike a chord with Sons fans of a certain age.  I'm looking forward to this game - two honest clubs just going about their football business, completely free from promotion worries.

Wont make it to this but I'll be expecting us to have a go.

Personally I'd be starting Nade if we're going to persist with one up top and I'd be looking to bring Roy back into the team. Other than that I'd stick with team from Saturday. If Dowie and Hutton swan back into the team I'll be disappointed tbh.

Is it too early to label this a must win? Is it f**k. 3 points is an absolute must here.

I expect Brechin to take at least a point from this. I wasn't at our game against Dumbarton and we haven't even played Brechin yet, I just have a feeling the latter will nick something.

If it wasn't for the Sons coming away from Tannadice with a point, I'd have said 1-2, but I think this'll finish 1-1. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I have no doubt the likes of Barr, Johnston, Stewart and Handling will be fired up for revenge after the play off matches last season.

Maybe :unsure2:

If indeed any of them make it onto the pitch. Stevie doesn't fancy Johnston, Stewart is injured and I'm not 100% sure that Danny Handling actually exists.

I've no doubt Mango will be looking forward to smashing a few folk though. 

Anyway I wouldn't be averse to stick with the same team as last week, though David Smith on the wing (despite his goal) hardly inspires. Hopefully Hutton is kept as far away from the stadium as physically possible, and Dowie shouldn't saunter back in either with Dill and Mango looking like a far more natural partnership.

What we should do:

Gallacher

Wardrop Mango Hill McLaughlin

Carswell Wilson

Roy Froxylias Walsh

Morrison/Nade

This is a must-win game. Even at this stage of the season. It doesn't look like ourselves or Brechin will be shocking many people this year, and so every point looks as if it could be crucial. I'd bite your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 with a late own goal stealing the points.

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I have no doubt the likes of Barr, Johnston, Stewart and Handling will be fired up for revenge after the play off matches last season.

Maybe :unsure2:

Johnston will be gone by January and Stewart and Handling may not be fit again this millennium. Barr is fucking brilliant though and I've no doubt he and Dougie Hill will be fired up for this one.

5 hours ago, P475 said:

I think both will cancel each other out, and play a lifeless 0-0. 

Saying that though, I thought Pars would have beat Morton, so don't put money on the strength of my prediction. 

Defences on top .   4-4  with Brechin conceding from 4 corners . 

Hang on though,  we managed to get through Saturday without conceding from one so I will change that to 2-4 in our favour. 8)

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

If indeed any of them make it onto the pitch. Stevie doesn't fancy Johnston, Stewart is injured and I'm not 100% sure that Danny Handling actually exists.

I've no doubt Mango will be looking forward to smashing a few folk though. 

Anyway I wouldn't be averse to stick with the same team as last week, though David Smith on the wing (despite his goal) hardly inspires. Hopefully Hutton is kept as far away from the stadium as physically possible, and Dowie shouldn't saunter back in either with Dill and Mango looking like a far more natural partnership.

What we should do:

Gallacher

Wardrop Mango Hill McLaughlin

Carswell Wilson

Roy Froxylias Walsh

Morrison/Nade

This is a must-win game. Even at this stage of the season. It doesn't look like ourselves or Brechin will be shocking many people this year, and so every point looks as if it could be crucial. I'd bite your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 with a late own goal stealing the points.

That bit about Danny Handling made me laugh for ages. Wish I had used that in a post. Excellent!

2 hours ago, OldRed said:

Doesn't a brace plus 1 make 3??????

Indeed it does, but this is an incredibly funny 'in-joke' where certain fellow Sons fans predict a scoreline, i.e. saying - "2-0 DFC, Nade hatrick".

It's incredibly zany.

Fear not, you'll soon get used to it.

The novelty will wear off though, probably as fast as our home/away support is dwindling. :(

Archived