Second bottom Falkirk v Joint second top United 16/09/2017

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who would not play Taiwo can get in the fucking sea along with Houston.

By a considerable distance our best player so far this season. Actually he's or only player who imo has yet to stink the place out.

Whatever midfield we go with for it to work best it has to include Tom Taiwo and not include Mark Kerr.

59 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Lewis

Murdoch
Durnan
Quinn
Robson

Mcmullan
Fyvie
Stanton
King

Mcdonald
Keatings

Yeah that was  the starting line up I was referring to in my opening post.  The only other defensible (in both senses of the word) possibility would be Briels in holding midfield but I still prefer Fyvie and Stanton.

9 minutes ago, chazas_ said:

Going into the season with Murdoch as first choice right back is up there with the Szromnik/Zwick fiasco.

Until a few days ago I was unaware that Murdoch had got a new contract for that position, I thought he was in the last year of his contract and was, understandably, getting played there.

For McKinnon to have given a two year contract to a guy who is not a right back rather than actually signing a genuine right back is criminal.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The more I read, the more I would be unsurprised if Houston and McKinnon are never seen in the same place at the same time.... Scary.

You can put this theory to the test on Saturday...

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I can't as thankfully I have a watertight excuse for not being there, unlike all you poor b*****ds who will wrestle with your soul before eventually shelling out anyway and viewing the turgid affair you knew it would be. 

Fair enough.  Due to family circumstances I may be missing this too, though in all honesty I want to be there.  I'm missing the next two games as I'm on holiday so despite everything else I want to see if there's any improvement on Saturday.

I don't think McKee has been that bad. There is certainly worse off players in our squad like ehhh Mark Kerr.

The patter about taiwo being the only one who gets stuck/tackle is wrong though.  All of our midfield get stuck in. 

Would anyone be bothered about us doing a 4-2-3-1? I quite like the look of  it.

Thomson/Mitchell

Mcghee Muirhead Balatoni Gallagher

Taiwo                          McKee/Sibbs

Harris                 Craigen              Hippo/Sibbs

Loy

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That is clearly a statement that is not true. I have seen everyone of our other midfield players tackle.

What even Harris?i'd need picture evidence of that.

OK Taiwo is the only one that can put in a decent tackle. The rest are soft as shite.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also can I just say if we were going 1 up front I would also be happy with 4 1 4 1,

Taiwo holding, Harris McKee Sibbald and Hippo in support of Loy.

If we go 1 up front the Falkirk fans can look forward to hearing a lot of profanity from the away end on Saturday.

I sort of see where Shadwell is coming from on the tackling debate - TT often appears to be the only midfielder that can tackle effectively.  It seems to stand out in every game that we're second best in 50-50 battles - we just don't have enough dig in the middle of the park. Or in defence, come to that; other than Peter Grant, when was the last time one of our CH's put in a Yogi- or Alan Mackin-style proper hard tackle?  

We're far too soft.  Which goes all the way back to Rugby Park, and never been addressed. 

yeah, would agree on our deficiencies on intensity & pressure on the opposition, but would still argue on the 50-50; for instance, yet another low point on last Boxing Day at EEP - and there were many - was the lack of battle. I remember Fifers slicing through in that first half with ease, winning loose balls all over the park.  I remember, because I was hoarse shouting for someone to "put a fecking tackle in!"

I fear this lack of backbone will be all too evident on Saturday. Hope I'm wrong, but won't be betting on it.   

I like it but I also remain convinced that Nathan Austin is a top tier #Baller and needs to play with Loyman. They will come good.

Hope your right sir. I was very excited for the pairing at the start of the season. Austin needs to work on not falling about and being more clinical if we're ever going to see it flourish though.

2 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

I'd have Taiwo as Captain as he consistently plays with all his heart. 

He and Sibbald ought to be our regular central pairing.

Craigen can cover Sibbs and Kerr TT.

Joe McKee seems as shit as the mortonites had claimed sadly, that one free kick aside

I don't think McKee has been shit at all, in fact I would say that the good performances in the Betfred were largely down to him. Like the rest of the team though he has gone backward since and IMO he's one of the players that crucially need to return to form to get us sorted.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Its unfair to say that without out paying tribute to his tackling abilities. He stands out in every game because he is a fantastic tackler. Not just in the context of our team but in the entire league. I struggle to think of anyone I would have before him in terms of tackling.

I also think the 50-50 things is bit of a bum steer because the full blooded bone cruncher 50-50 is something you seem to see less and less of these days. I think the softness perception comes from a real lack of intensity and pressure from our team, which was highly evident from the equaliser at St Mirren on day one.

We're far too soft. Last year we were top of the fair play league but that wins you nothing. Other teams foul when they need to whilst we stand off players far too much. Our red cards are all for elbows  or retaliation. None of them are for taking one for the team fouls or crunching tackles. In games this season you see players strolling across the park without a tackle in sight.  We need to man up and man up quickly.

first goal will be more important than ever. if we go a goal down again can see the crowd getting on their backs and heads going down unlike previous seasons where we'd shoot into South stand second half and batter away till we scored. forgot they had McDonald and keatings up front and can't see them not scoring

Archived