St Cuthberts vs Creetown

I decided to take in the St Cuthbert Wanderers vs Creetown cup game yesterday, I'm not going to talk to much about the game because to be very frank in my honest non bias opinion that I always give the standard wasn't that great, a poor St Cuthberts performance by a team that had improved lately and a Creetown team that I think will really struggle at this level, but what I am going to talk about which is quite disturbing was the awful abuse that the St Cuthberts manager received from a former Creetown manager from the side lines, this person must be still involved with the club because he was standing in the chained off committee area, the St Cuthberts manager who is quite vocal at times and tries to drive his team on was contesting some sort of refereeing decision which I suppose he's untitled to do then he received unprovoked and outright terrible verbal abuse from this person, I'm sure the St Cuthberts manager got involved which he maybe shouldn't have done but for managers to get this sort of abuse from fellow football people in the game is awful, the St Cuthberts manager in my opinion from what I saw was only doing what any decent manager does in trying to influence and gain advantage and back his team, but to have this sort of abuse at any level of the game never mind the very basement of the pyramid system isn't right, there's competitiveness and there's over stepping the mark.

The lad gits it all the time tae be honest south fan but a ken him now and it dusny seem to bother him but a ken Whit your saying the club and the players appreciate Whit he does he never misses training or games and gives everything aw the time fur the cause he's the kinda lad that if he's in your trenches you'll luv him but I see how other fans players clubs might no but that's there prob think the wud aw like a manager like him this wee gold fish bowl of our league just dinae git Whit he's all aboot keep it gan Craigy lad the green eed monster comes tae mind

Archived