Championship 11 and where would they finish in the top flight.

Morning gents. Apologies for the timing of the thread but I've been trying to get over my own sides latest humiliation. As I look towards next season and our place in this league I was wondering what the Championship All Star 11 would look like and where, if such a team could be pulled together, you think this team would finish in the top flight.

I assume the two strikers would be Dobbie and Quitongo but have no clue about the rest.

Thoughts?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purely from the top of my head and with my bias of A) Regularly being pumped by Dunfermline and B) Having my favourite players:

Alan Martin (QOS)

David Raven (ICT) Tam O'Ware (Morton) Harry Davis (St Mirren) Mark Russell (Morton)

Kallum Higginbotham (Dunfermline) Stephen McGinn (St Mirren) Sam Stanton (Dundee Utd) Lewis Morgan (St Mirren)

Stephen Dobbie (QOS) Nathan Austin (Falkirk)

Subs: Sean Murdoch (Dunfermline), Paul McMullan (Dundee Utd), Nicky Clark (Dunfermline), Gary MacKenzie (St Mirren), Craig Barr (Dumbarton), Craig Sibbald (Falkirk), Kyle Magennis (St Mirren)

Would probably be more than competitive in the Premiership. Any higher than 9th might be a push, but I'd certainly fancy that squad not to be cut adrift.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

James Keatings? Hasn't had a chance to get going this year but both he and Fyvie would be two players I'd consider part of a Championship squad. 

I just think of James Keatings as a Scottish Cameron Jerome to be honest. He'll score plenty in the Championship, but would probably struggle in the Premiership - hence why he's punted down here every summer after his side win promotion. Fyvie's probably a shout, but given how poor United were against us yesterday I can't say he was standing out in my mind.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I just think of James Keatings as a Scottish Cameron Jerome to be honest. He'll score plenty in the Championship, but would probably struggle in the Premiership - hence why he's punted down here every summer after his side win promotion. Fyvie's probably a shout, but given how poor United were against us yesterday I can't say he was standing out in my mind.

I think Fyvie has been one of better players this season but yesterday he did struggle (as did everyone else). Keatngs would probably get the Championship 11 promoted and then, as you say, be released just as they had finished celebrating the title. 

The defence would certainly have to include Craig Halkett who shouldn't be playing at this level, biased maybe but for me he's one of the best CB's in this league. 

I could argue for one or two more from us but im trying not to be too bias. 

Dobbie (QoS) without a doubt up top, Nicky Clark (Dunfermline) and Austin (Falkirk) I think would make the step up. 

Cardle (Dunfermline) Morgan (St Mirren) Stanton (Dundee Utd) are also players I can think of from the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Purely from the top of my head and with my bias of A) Regularly being pumped by Dunfermline and B) Having my favourite players:

Alan Martin (QOS)

David Raven (ICT) Tam O'Ware (Morton) Harry Davis (St Mirren) Mark Russell (Morton)

Kallum Higginbotham (Dunfermline) Stephen McGinn (St Mirren) Sam Stanton (Dundee Utd) Lewis Morgan (St Mirren)

This isnt too far away. I would have Nicky Clark ahead of Austin and not sure about either full back. I would probably find a midfield spot for Sibbald and in reality that team would need a defensive midfielder instead of one of the creatives. I would biasedly put forward Ky Jacobs or even Ian McShane.

Alan Martin (QOS)

Subs: Sean Murdoch (Dunfermline), Paul McMullan (Dundee Utd), Nicky Clark (Dunfermline), Gary MacKenzie (St Mirren), Craig Barr (Dumbarton), Craig Sibbald (Falkirk), Kyle Magennis (St Mirren)
Would probably be more than competitive in the Premiership. Any higher than 9th might be a push, but I'd certainly fancy that squad not to be cut adrift.

No chance Martin should be in the squad, several better guys than him.

We have quite a strong midfield, plenty of wingers who could stake a claim, cardle would be in on current form for sure.

Up front is questionable clark and dobbie are great goalscorers at this level, but I'm not sure would be suitable for premiership, especially as a championship 11 would be struggling in most games.

Our defence would be ripped apart.

Relegation confirmed before the split IMO.

No chance Martin should be in the squad, several better guys than him.

We have quite a strong midfield, plenty of wingers who could stake a claim, cardle would be in on current form for sure.

Up front is questionable clark and dobbie are great goalscorers at this level, but I'm not sure would be suitable for premiership, especially as a championship 11 would be struggling in most games.

Our defence would be ripped apart.

Relegation confirmed before the split IMO.

Who are the "several" keepers out of interest?

I'd have O'Ware from Morton and probably not anyone else based on what I've seen this season. Possibly Quitongo just because he's such a nightmare to defend against.

Austin has been absolutely awful this season, more interested in falling over than anything else. Can't make an argument for any Falkirk player just now.

Would be something like

Keeper (don't think any are particularly great just now)

Stelios
O'Ware
One of the Livi monsters
Russell

Morgan
McGinn
Fyvie
Cardle

Dobbie
Keatings

Probably relegation material.

Archived