The Spiders v The mighty Raith

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

It's been a while. Very fond memories of us winning the league at Hampden when it was still Division 2. 

Which train station is it again? 

3 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

Mount Florida train station is across the road from Hampden.

42 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Sorry chaps, it was a joke from a now long forgotten thread when we played QP previously. Possibly the day we won the league, right enough. 

I shall slink off now, having failed. 

I remember,  you don't get off at Mount Florida... ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The big pitch should really suit us and playing at Hampden is bound to give the players a lift (do QP fans feel that is a constant disadvantage, i.e. the 'cup final' effect due to the ground?). 

I've done the stadium tour a few times and I can't imagine any player not getting a buzz. The team coach drives under the stand, there's a lift up to the changing rooms with each room the same size and specification. Fitted wardrobes, hairdryers, ice baths, the lot.

As for the pitch, we struggle against lesser teams who come and sit in but in this league it's more likely with teams like Raith and Ayr that it's an open game. Think this'll be a decent match and tighter than you might imagine.

Enjoy your day.

37 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

It's the hope that kills you so that season Coakley, Odunewu, Nicholas...

To be fair Odenewu genuinely looked class for a couple of games. His attitude and laziness however was horrendous 

Looking at this I can't help but think we have a far stronger team now than the team that won this league in 08/09.

As you'd expect of a John McGlynn side, the goalkeeper and defence is miles better than we have now.

Queen's Park have produced some amount of players over the last 10 years or so.

15 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Looking at this I can't help but think we have a far stronger team now than the team that won this league in 08/09.

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

As you'd expect of a John McGlynn side, the goalkeeper and defence is miles better than we have now.

Mark Campbell and Marv were way above third tier standard. The goalie situation isnt a fair comparison tho, its out of Smith's control. But our midfield and forwards must be much better than we had then.

The 2009' version of these players, only ones who would walk into current team would be McGurn and Sparky.  Wilson would be pushing JT for right back slot too, still surprised he didn't go on to bigger and better things than Forfar, Arbroath and Juniors, always liked him as a player

I would prefer Ferry to McHattie and McGurn was better than any of the 27 goalkeepers we've used in the last 12 months. Even the forwards position isn't clear cut because Kevin Smith and Gary Wales were pivotal to much of what we did that season but neither played that game.

I would prefer Ferry to McHattie and McGurn was better than any of the 27 goalkeepers we've used in the last 12 months. Even the forwards position isn't clear cut because Kevin Smith and Gary Wales were pivotal to much of what we did that season but neither played that game.

Also Laurie Ellis was missing from the line up that day (can't remember why) and Ellis at his best would walk into our current line up.

Archived