Beith v Buffs

stumpy

The Beith bandwagon rolls on, 4 wins from 4. :thumsup2:thumsup2 Today, if it wasn't for the heroics of Strain in goals and some last minute defensive blocks Beith could have been out of sight by half time, Kilwinning scored a good goal against the run of play nearing half time. Second half was similar to first with near constant beith pressure which eventually told with Frize scoring 1-1, Frye sending off didnt for me alter the play too much but did give more space for Beith to mount their attacks. Eventually Buffs could hold out no more and Beith scored with seconds to go for a well deserved victory. No failures in Beith team for me today, For me Kilwinning's discipline badly let them down, and it all comes from the sidelines with their manager who to me should be more of a roll model as if he acts like a baffoon on the sidelines then it will pass on to players... Strain was also sent off today for what must be the umpteenth time . 

Altho early days with 4 games gone beith appear to be in the winning habit and unlike last season we are managing to turn what would be a draw into a victory... the stuff of champions.

What's a Baffoon mate? Yes your club has started the season wonderfully but jeezo miscrying managers when Wee greeting face is one of the masters is a tad much . Chris is just learning the trade & doing a fine job at it . When he has 10 to 15 years experience & still doing the same thing you can criticise aka Sandy McLean

1 minute ago, fan of the juniors said:

What's a Baffoon mate? Yes your club has started the season wonderfully but jeezo miscrying managers when Wee greeting face is one of the masters is a tad much . Chris is just learning the trade & doing a fine job at it . When he has 10 to 15 years experience & still doing the same thing you can criticise aka Sandy McLean

Strain has a recent history off it mate with his temper tantrums, he may be a good young manager but he needs to learn his antics can wear off on his team. Today he was sent off and his team had a man sent off along with about another 5 or 6 booked.  

Strain has a recent history off it mate with his temper tantrums, he may be a good young manager but he needs to learn his antics can wear off on his team. Today he was sent off and his team had a man sent off along with about another 5 or 6 booked.  

Folk give Chris it tight
He's a p***k , he's a wind up merchant la de da
I thought he was the same until the season he was at us
Chris is a winner & he demands that of everyone he either plays with or as he's doing now manages
A nicer man you couldn't meet trust me
Your manager was the same & still is the same
A horrible wee individual who you have nothing but contempt for until you get to know him & realise how much of a talent he is .
Trust me Chris will go far

Early into season but if you finish above Beith you'll win the league in my opinion

Strain getting it again on here, I think today might be his 1st sending off as manager, not entirety sure. I'm hopeful of job he's doing & hope he proves the doubters wrong

The Beith bandwagon rolls on, 4 wins from 4. :thumsup2:thumsup2 Today, if it wasn't for the heroics of Strain in goals and some last minute defensive blocks Beith could have been out of sight by half time, Kilwinning scored a good goal against the run of play nearing half time. Second half was similar to first with near constant beith pressure which eventually told with Frize scoring 1-1, Frye sending off didnt for me alter the play too much but did give more space for Beith to mount their attacks. Eventually Buffs could hold out no more and Beith scored with seconds to go for a well deserved victory. No failures in Beith team for me today, For me Kilwinning's discipline badly let them down, and it all comes from the sidelines with their manager who to me should be more of a roll model as if he acts like a baffoon on the sidelines then it will pass on to players... Strain was also sent off today for what must be the umpteenth time . 
Altho early days with 4 games gone beith appear to be in the winning habit and unlike last season we are managing to turn what would be a draw into a victory... the stuff of champions.

Roll model. Is that a chip roll, a buttered roll or a bacon roll. Or do you mean a role model. What's a baffoon? Any relation to a buffoon? Ref cost the buffs a victory again listening to the buffoon of a manager and the buffoons in the shed, and the number 8 who influenced every single decision. First time the buffs manager has been sent off I believe not the umpteenth time. Beith will win the league if they continue to get decisions like that in their favour for the rest of the season.

5 hours ago, BF said:

Roll model. Is that a chip roll, a buttered roll or a bacon roll. Or do you mean a role model. What's a baffoon? Any relation to a buffoon? Ref cost the buffs a victory again listening to the buffoon of a manager and the buffoons in the shed, and the number 8 who influenced every single decision. First time the buffs manager has been sent off I believe not the umpteenth time. Beith will win the league if they continue to get decisions like that in their favour for the rest of the season.

Would that be the same number 8 that ran the midfield for the entire game and scored 2 goals. Can you also clarify the decisions they supposedly got? I can count at least 2 penalties beith should have been awarded if you want to play it that way.

Astute first post in the middle of the night BF. Take you headed to bed after the sauce ran out.
I reckon most honest observers would agree Beith were well worth their win as they dictated play throughout.
As far as decisions went Frye collected 2 yellows for stupid fouls as he does. Looks like Manager went tonto at officials, as he regularly does and Beith had a def penalty denied in first half.
That's the way the cookie crumbles. Buffs have a big strong side that battled hard and nearly escaped with a point and they will probably win more games than they lose

6 hours ago, BF said:

Hiya  Chris hiya pal

Number 8 spent the first half rolling around the deck trying to get players booked. He spent the rest of the game successfully influencing a weak referee. Scored 2 good goals to be fair but also high fived the big 4 for getting frye sent off. The number 8 couldn't make the stonewall penalty decision for the ref because he was rolling about squealing like a big lassie at the time. Number 2 with the hair like a lassie tried his best to get players booked. No coincidence the last 3 times the buffs have been to Beith they've had men sent off, refs need to be stronger and stop being influenced by the big crowd. As for the linesman who got strain sent off, he'll be back at school on Monday telling his teacher how he got the buffs big bad manager sent to the stand for shouting at him.

Beith is the team to beat IMO and think Kilwinning need to reflect on their style of play against this quality of opposition...appreciate the frustrations when up against this team but having so many players booked,one sent off plus the manage isn't the way to get results.Football is a simple game if the mind remains cool,and in control and clearly this wasn't the case yesterday.

Hopefully,Kilwinning will learn from this and approach games with a different mindset...this needs to be instilled from the mgt team if team discipline is to improve.

Beith are by a distance the best team Kilwinning have played this season. They have also improved from the league cup game when Kilwinning got a draw. Strain had said the team that finishes' above Pollok will win the league but it's Beith for me. Regarding the game the referee made some crazy decisions for both sides but I felt Buffs deserved a point for the sheer effort they put in and putting there bodies on the line. As above Beith will be up there this season but Buffs have made great strides from last season and if Strain could make a couple of more signings Buffs will enjoy a successful campaign.

Beith deserved the win no doubt, but they did influence a very poor set of officials at every opportunity. No coincidence that Buffs now expect get a man sent off at Bellsdale, a combination of poor discipline, Beith's gamesmanship and general atmosphere in the ground.

Focussing on Buffs, why is Chris playing 3/5 at the back, it doesn't work for us. Why does he tinker with the team every week, team just cannot get settled. Why was McGuinness not playing from the start? Why does Frye not learn that diving into challenges in the middle of the park is going to lead to a booking every time?

Buffs aren't far away. We struggled against Polloks physicality lat week when we know we have the football game to get around that. Yesterday, we just weren't set up right at all from tge start and more or less surrendered possession to a competent Beith team for the majority of the game. We've went to Beith over the last few seasons and performed better with poorer players, yet yesterday there seemed to be a fear.

Probably being overly negative here, the Buffs are making great strides and will get back on track again, just a pity that we are masters of most of our woes, when we could easily have picked up a point last two league games and continued a promising start to the season.

If Morris is transferred out, hopefully any money is reinvested at CB or CM as I feel that we are not too far away from competing with the big boys.

Kilwinning scored with their only shot on target yesterday against the run of play and it should have been 4-0 to beith .

Chris strain is clearly a passionate guy but he needs to calm down a bit, watched him closely yesterday and he was like a demented budgie bordering on a heart attack , he needs to sit in his pigeon hole and observe as opposed to running up and down the touch line like a maddy , he's bordering on the lobotomised for the 90 minutes , if I never actually knew he was an intelligent and good guy then I would wheel him into crosshoose hospital for a scan to check that hjs brain is functioning :)

3 hours ago, theshed said:

Kilwinning scored with their only shot on target yesterday against the run of play and it should have been 4-0 to beith .

Chris strain is clearly a passionate guy but he needs to calm down a bit, watched him closely yesterday and he was like a demented budgie bordering on a heart attack , he needs to sit in his pigeon hole and observe as opposed to running up and down the touch line like a maddy , he's bordering on the lobotomised for the 90 minutes , if I never actually knew he was an intelligent and good guy then I would wheel him into crosshoose hospital for a scan to check that hjs brain is functioning :)

Reminds me of Dennis Gray intelligent guy that went scripto during fitba game.

2 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Reminds me of Dennis Gray intelligent guy that went scripto during fitba game.

Very much correct CCR.

These things can be looked on two ways in that as fans we can love our managers going tonto as it then looks like they care but when it is the opposition manager we think he's a bit of a tosser.

I like my manager to be passionate although not to the extent he is being sent off and causing fines to the club.

Dennis was certainly a character and could actually be quite humorous with his shouts.

Archived