Pollok

cmonthelie

Sometimes it works better than others. We brought in 8 newbies I think ... Kilbirnie only had 2 signed players ... we've made contrasting starts - albeit that we've had a tougher start I'd suggest. Pollok have quality so if they do gel then it'll mibbee be quite something. Wait until after the Sectional final and our league game on 7th October mind you :) 

16 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Strange. As glenafton was virtually a new team last season m. As is kilbirnie this season. Infact we have had 3 from last season start at most of any our games. No excuse this many new players

Size of squad is also important - Lok had 12 new players I think in a sqaud of 22. It's very hard to give them all match time which delays the settling in. A squad of 16-18 will gell much more quickly.

A game of opinions. I'm not sure Tony knows his best team yet and has played some boys in new positions or tweaked positions. I'm a fan I his but my one quibble is that sometimes he over thinks the game and makes changes in his own team's tactics that aren't needed. The changes he made between the sectional games and the first league game handed the midfield on a plate to wee Davie Anderson.

17 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Strange. As glenafton was virtually a new team last season m. As is kilbirnie this season. Infact we have had 3 from last season start at most of any our games. No excuse this many new players

No they weren't the vast majority played the season before with only a few added at the start of 16/17.

No they weren't the vast majority played the season before with only a few added at the start of 16/17.

I was sure a glenafton fan told me they made 11 signings at start of last season. May be wrong. We've made 15 new signings this season. Most that's started from last seasons team in a game is 3. I'd say that's a bigger gelling job than pollok wouldn't you?

2 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

I was sure a glenafton fan told me they made 11 signings at start of last season. May be wrong. We've made 15 new signings this season. Most that's started from last seasons team in a game is 3. I'd say that's a bigger gelling job than pollok wouldn't you?

Yeah but you can't include John Sweeney in that cause he is 2 stone overweight and counts as 2 players lol

34 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Of the team that started the Scottish Cup Final all but two had payed the season before (McAusland and Marlow who was on his 2nd spell at the club). 

Yes Kilbirnie are more or less a total new outfit and I hope they play like that on Saturday :-)

Of the team that started the Scottish Cup Final all but two had payed the season before (McAusland and Marlow who was on his 2nd spell at the club). 

Yes Kilbirnie are more or less a total new outfit and I hope they play like that on Saturday :-)

We're coming for 3 points mate [emoji23]. Just get the beer chilled as am getting train thru

Ladeside good, suppose beating by thrashing  Pollok their support would say that after being gubbed, they will end mid table (Kilbirnie), then again, Glenafton did prove exceptional last year by being very consistent. Pollock, not sure because of their manager, last chance saloon this season for him. Very early doors, but this Saturday should be a good indicator for a lot of clubs.

• 4 weeks later...

Pollok 4-0 Bankies
Poor 1st half. Pollok put a lot of effort in, but lacked a bit of class, & vision near the Bankies goalmouth.
Gary McCann changed that, early in the 2nd half, when he ran down the right wing, cut inside a curled a cracker high into the Bankies net from the corner of the 18yd line.
Ryan McGregor doubled the lead, when he looped a header into the net from 16yds.
Allan McKenzie scored no3 when he brushed past 2 Bankies defenders on the byline, & skilfully placed the ball into the net.
Nicky Prentice finished off a satisfying afternoon for the home team when he found himself in acres of space 8 yds our, & he cooly slotted home.
Good performance from Pollok, against a hard working Clydebank side.
MOM Gary McCann for his outstanding goal.
Ryan Deas is still a classy player.

Archived