Pars vs St Mirren

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Should be an interesting clash of styles. Pars can hump teams in terms of scoreline but still have less possession and have people saying we "didn't play that well". I'd expect St Mirren to knock the ball about well and look like a decent team but nobody has coped with our counterattacking flair at East End. The new surface is perfect for it. We can sacrifice the midfield and give the other teams long spells of possession but it only takes one slip and Cardle is bearing down on goal. Very tough to call - no scoreline would be that surprising here. 

Lewis Morgan doesn't need a slip to get through on goal, he'll just waltz past the defender when he wants to. On a serious note both teams have goals in them so it should be a cracker, hopefully we can edge a high scoring thriller.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the sounds of it the EEP pitch will suit us down to a tee. We enjoy the slick passing and high tempo game. Definitely won't be an advantage to either team as by the sound of it Dunfermline play a very similar style.

Really looking forward to the game/day out. Too close to call prediction wise but it's set up to be a cracker!

1 hour ago, macca937 said:

Take it you didn't manage along to cappielow to watch  a half fit kid tear your defence to pieces statto ? Jai has scored 8 goals from 22 starts upfront but hey let's all pretend Reilly wasn't compleatly piss poor and hooked on the hour mark. I'm sure the host of premiership teams will soon drop interest in jai and turn to Gavin fekin Reilly. Back in yer box ya sh*te statto.

Ohoooo, must have hit a nerve when you resort to name calling. I was at Crappielow and we had a centre half with concussion before a ball was kicked who played without telling the manager of his injury,  and Quitongo still could not score.  Some striker that Quiongo - 3 League goals in his entire career. I am sure the scouts are beating a path to Greenock instead of looking at Reilly with 48 League goals so far. And counting.

8 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Ohoooo, must have hit a nerve when you resort to name calling. I was at Crappielow and we had a centre half with concussion before a ball was kicked who played without telling the manager of his injury,  and Quitongo still could not score.  Some striker that Quiongo - 3 League goals in his entire career. I am sure the scouts are beating a path to Greenock instead of looking at Reilly with 48 League goals so far. And counting

Crappielow ???.Did you come up with that yourself? .Sound like one intelligent cookie.So we are now talking league goals are we?.  Kinda changing the goalposts as am sure Reilly has 3 league goals this season and that makes 4 in about 2 years.Very impressive.

I hope to see around 5,500 there.

The sun shoukd be shining and the surface will be proper.

Both teams have goals in them.

I'll go 3-2 Pars.

Why has no one mentioned the connection between Mortons sponsors and the fact none of their supporters have a full set of teeth?

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

I hope to see around 5,500 there.

The sun shoukd be shining and the surface will be proper.

Both teams have goals in them.

I'll go 3-2 Pars.

Why has no one mentioned the connection between Mortons sponsors and the fact none of their supporters have a full set of teeth?

They live in a town where a guy called Catman lives in a drain pipe and eats rats. We're no exactly short of material 

14 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Where's everyone getting the nice weather from? BBC says it's raining from 13:00-15:00

50/60% chance of rain between 13:00-15:00 then dry from 15:00 according to met office.

If you believe them.

Any parking recommendations?  DAFC site says park to the North of the cemetry - is that a good shout?

Archived