Pars vs St Mirren

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBC Report of the game
Andy Kirk glanced in a late header as Dunfermline staged a thrilling comeback to earn a point at St Mirren.

Nigel Hasselbaink shot the Buddies into an early lead, only for Jordan McMillan to curl in a lovely equaliser.

Steven Thompson crashed in two powerful headers either side of half time before David Graham pulled one back.

Thompson found the top corner with a strike for his hat-trick before Liam Buchanan did the same from long range and Kirk nodded in the leveller.

Did Martin Hardie not nearly score with literally the last kick of the ball to win it for us? That was an exciting game in a horseshit season.

BBC Report of the game
Andy Kirk glanced in a late header as Dunfermline staged a thrilling comeback to earn a point at St Mirren.

Nigel Hasselbaink shot the Buddies into an early lead, only for Jordan McMillan to curl in a lovely equaliser.

Steven Thompson crashed in two powerful headers either side of half time before David Graham pulled one back.

Thompson found the top corner with a strike for his hat-trick before Liam Buchanan did the same from long range and Kirk nodded in the leveller.

Close enough IMO.

I'll be watching it on holiday, gutted to be missing it, but I'm sure a few pints of Estrella will numb the pain.

Not much to add really, won't be 0-0. Could easily be 4-0 to the Buds, 4-0 to the Pars or anything in between. It's a belter on paper.

I think we're capable of winning, but a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world. 4 points from the next 2 games either way around would suit me just fine.

Mind when we played St Mirren at home on the opening day of the 2011/12, what a fucking stinking game of football that was.

Saturday will be something like that.

14th Oct 1989.
Dunfermline 5-1 St.Mirren
Away team scored 1st then the Pars scored 5 unanswered.  Istvan Kozma hat-trick.
Do any St.Mirren fans have footage of this?

*Was this also the game where Campbell Money got sent off and Kenny McDowall went in goal?
Money was setting up the wall, shouting from behind the goal 'til the ref told him to bolt.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Gallacher saved a penalty? We were terrible.

I'd forgotten about that but I think you're right. Pretty sure they made it a Monday night game as well.

39 minutes ago, Hipster Dufus said:

14th Oct 1989.
Away team scored 1st then the Pars scored 5 unanswered.  Istvan Kozma hat-trick.

*Was this also the game where Campbell Money got sent off and Kenny McDowall went in goal?
Money was setting up the wall, shouting from behind the goal 'til the ref told him to bolt.

Ross Jack got the first two that day, then Kozma took over.  

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Mind when we played St Mirren at home on the opening day of the 2011/12, what a fucking stinking game of football that was.

Saturday will be something like that.

I do Hasselbaink, Teale and Thompson ripped Dunfermline and how we never won still irkes me.

1 hour ago, Hipster Dufus said:

14th Oct 1989.

Pretty sure this wasn't on Scotsport/Sportscene but there was an unofficial video doing the rounds of it (maybe a video taken by the club for training/analysis). Unconfirmed reports someone taped Eurotrash over the top of it. 

14 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I get the feeling a lot of things irk you.

That St Mirren seemed quality. Battered us at EEP and then gave us a bigger whooping in Paisley. Can't believe you didn't end up top six.

I don't think any of us can, really. That was a hell of a squad we put together that summer. Makes me wonder if top six would ever happen, TBH.

14 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I get the feeling a lot of things irk you.

That St Mirren seemed quality. Battered us at EEP and then gave us a bigger whooping in Paisley. Can't believe you didn't end up top six.

We went from beating Rangers on Christmas Eve to a few games before the split without a win. Absolutely killed any chance of the top six. It was the sort of winless run that was commonplace under Gus, however we'd banked enough points in the first half of the season - and you were helpfully rubbish - for it not to be an issue.

I also don't think people realised quite how big an improvement we needed to make the top six. I think when I looked you needed well over 40 points - a tally we usually struggled to reach by the end of the season, let alone with five games to go.

Plus Teale was crap that first season and many of us hoped the rumours about him going to Rangers were true.

Archived