Pars vs St Mirren

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Was very kind of St Mirren to completely forget that Hopkirk was even on the pitch for the 2nd goal.  Nobody within 20 yards of him.  

Saints are an absolute gang tbh. They'll pump the diddies but come unstuck against any half decent side. They'll finish 3rd or 4th. 

Agreed we were 100% pish yesterday.  I watch St Mirren every week can asure you that was well below our normal performances. The reason no idea however have not lost faith 1 point behind you with four key player to return.  Id Dunfermline played like that every  week you would stroll the league. You dont Morton proved that. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Absolutely appalling defensive play from us, and on those highlights we got exactly what we deserved.

That straight red card though is ridiculous.

I kept getting the teams mixed up, and thought the red was for the elbow - which I thought was a bit soft, but had seen them given.

Then remembered we weren't in black and white stripes and it was the  player that got elbowed that was sent off.

A huge decision - not in terms of yesterday's match which was long gone by then - but for our defence next week too.

Buchanan's second yellow was a clear yellow, but I doubt he'd have had to make that challenge if Eckersley had still been on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Arguing that it wasn't a straight red :lol:

Do you think the Pars player should also have had a straight red for the elbow in the same incident or do you think no punishment at all for swinging an elbow was correct?

Arguing that it wasn't a straight red [emoji38]

Don't think that was even close to being a red. Pars player swung an elbow. Yellow for both would have been harsh IMO. Given the time and the fact the game was done, ref should have gave both a talking too, no more.

No complaints about the result. Better team won

Saints were good in spells and I reckon they'll be there or there about over the piece,we were simply better on the day.
On Reilly, he was a lazy disinterested w****r at East End so Lord knows what his "point to prove" was,ended up being invisible,Will be interesting to see if he disappears like he did with us. Bit of fanny really.
We look good going forward but there's a long way to go.

That looks like one of the worst defensive displays ever. Literally just stood and watched McManus for the first and the third looks like the kind of goal you see at schoolboy level.

Don't think you can argue against the straight red even if I'd have maybe gone with yellow personally. You can't justify hauling someone back by the face really

Archived