Pars vs St Mirren

Bad day at the office. Dreadful in fact. That's taking nothing away from Dunfermline as they were faster, first to every second ball and generally just better in every department today. Several players had their worst game in a Saints shirt. 

That being said, I'm quite content that we're a point off of top at this stage. I'd have been delighted with 12 points from our first 6 matches before a ball was kicked. We'll bounce back, I'm confident enough of that. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that brings us back to earth with a bump. There was only one winner today. Other than a 10 min spell towards the end of the first half we were nowhere.

What was Eckersley's red card for? I'd switched off by that point and was checking the other scores and totally missed it.

I did see Buchanans, and he had no complaints. Crazy from him which could leave us with only a couple of defenders available for next week.

Reilly is, understandably, taking a bit of stick from Dunfermline fans but I thought he and Morgan were the only players with pass marks today. Maybe Samson as well actually. Reilly got absolutely no service, yet caused the Dunfermline defence a couple of problems. It wasn't his best game, but I couldn't criticise him too much.

7 minutes ago, Luther G Presley said:

What a disgraceful match day experience, I have never been to a game where I can't get in until today, queued outside for half an hour, no stewards in control of anything. 1 turnstile opened at our side of the stand, no one doing anything to speed things up.

Then once in there is no hot food left, yet no one is told until they get to the end of yet another long, 20 minute queue!

There's so many discussions about what can be done to get fans to matches, what can clubs do to entice supporters to spend their hard earned cash. Today was not an example of how to do that.

Dunfermline FC are fucking amateurs to be perfectly honest!

Is this your first ever game in Scottish football?

Most teams outside the top tier can't handle more than a few hundred fans.

Anyway, GIRFUY

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Reilly up on his own clearly isn't going to work against every team. Especially not away to the early pacesetters.

Can't even imagine who we're playing in defence next time out. Stelios, Smith, Baird and Irvine?! :lol:

:blink:

Hopefully Gary McKenzie is training next week. 

What a disgraceful match day experience, I have never been to a game where I can't get in until today, queued outside for half an hour, no stewards in control of anything. 1 turnstile opened at our side of the stand, no one doing anything to speed things up.

Then once in there is no hot food left, yet no one is told until they get to the end of yet another long, 20 minute queue!

There's so many discussions about what can be done to get fans to matches, what can clubs do to entice supporters to spend their hard earned cash. Today was not an example of how to do that.

Get it right up you.

On 15/09/2017 at 15:26, Demented Zebra said:

Stand  by what i wrote been watching St Mirre since 1968 seen it a good few times in the past. The last time I seen St Mirren play so well was when Alex Ferguson was manager  At my age its not my heart that rules i can come away from a game pleased when we lose as long as we played well. We have a special team just now the type that dont come along often  for our size of club. The great thing is we have another two top quality players back in the next two weeks we are going to get stronger than we are at this moment in time :thumsup2

Jeepers. 

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Reilly up on his own clearly isn't going to work against every team. Especially not away to the early pacesetters.

Can't even imagine who we're playing in defence next time out. Stelios, Smith, Baird and Irvine?! :lol:

:blink:

I thought your lot were the "early pacesetters"?  Well, that's what you skunks were giving it large about, BEFORE TODAY'S GAME!

What was Eckersley's red card for? I'd switched off by that point and was checking the other scores and totally missed it.

Violent conduct. He won your team a throw,our player picked the ball up and Eckersley hit out at him. Referee had a clear view of it and genuinely had no other option. Was sheer stupidity. I'd have been furious, if I was a Saints fan, but I have to admit I actually found it amusing to see a team lose the head and get 2 red cards closer together than Falkirk managed. That's some achievement, in terms of indiscipline.

As for the red cards, what was Eckersley thinking? There was no need for him hitting out like that. Thought Buchanan was lucky to get away without a second booking, for a challenge on Murdoch, but that second booking was just so stupid. 3-0 down, just had a man sent off and he drags an opponent to the ground, who was running away from the goal?! Out of interest, how has he played for you? I was very surprised when he signed, as he was terrible for us, in league one, and looked very poor at Dumbarton...

I missed Eckersley's red but Buchanan's first booking was stupid. Pulled a guy back who was nowhere near getting involved in the counter attack. He's been decent so far after a slow start. Jack Ross' hand was forced and he had to play but he hasn't let us down before today. Then again the whole team were poor.

Disagree. Hard tackle but got the ball. 
On a side note, Morgan is great with the ball at his feet but his final product today was non-existent.

Off the ground, scissor motion whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant these days. You could hear the thud in the stand.

St Mirren were truly awful today. How were that team top of the league? I genuinely think that Livingston & Morton looked like much better teams. Other than Morgan, they had absolutely no threat and their defence is awful as well. We could have scored 7/8 today.

Thought we were excellent all game. Played at a great intensity. McManus was outstanding again, as was Higginbotham. Back 4 were all great as well.

As for the red cards, what was Eckersley thinking? There was no need for him hitting out like that. Thought Buchanan was lucky to get away without a second booking, for a challenge on Murdoch, but that second booking was just so stupid. 3-0 down, just had a man sent off and he drags an opponent to the ground, who was running away from the goal?! Out of interest, how has he played for you? I was very surprised when he signed, as he was terrible for us, in league one, and looked very poor at Dumbarton...

Buchanan was pretty good for us...all of our players were crap against you

Never heard of this 'Dunfermline FC'

Also, get it right roon ye.

The game today is how I assume most Tinder encounters to unfold. The female (St Mirren) came with so much promise of love. We treated you like shite with the turnstiles, exchanged a bit of banter, pumped you rotten, you lost the rag as you knew we were only after one thing. Then you went home to start again, while we are away bragging to our mates.

I am so sorry your matchday experience was not what you should expect. Maybe if your team had turned up at all it may have been better?

That was abysmal, 3-0 honestly flattered us. Dunfermline were excellent going forward and big Wedderburn bullied our midfield on his own.

I was going to say that only Morgan and Eckersley got pass marks but I left 5 minutes early and apparently the latter got sent off, fucking hell. Stelios and Liam Smith were rank, time to ditch the back five as it doesn't suit most of our full backs.

I might be on my own here but does anyone else think McGinn has been a complete passenger this season? Even in the games we've dominated he's fannied about at the back too much and offered little going forward. He looks really lethargic later on in games too. I'd bench him for the next couple of games and give Kilpatrick a chance (and obviously take McShane off corners too, good lord).

7 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

The game today is how I assume most Tinder encounters to unfold. The female (St Mirren) came with so much promise of love. We treated you like shite with the turnstiles, exchanged a bit of banter, pumped you rotten, you lost the rag as you knew we were only after one thing. Then you went home to start again, while we are away bragging to our mates.

That probably sounded a lot better in your head.

Archived