Rossvale v Saint Rochs

JALD

Right let's get one think straight here your lies are now borderline psychotic

No one and I mean no one barged through any gate ( which was locked by the way which is in breach of every health and safety law in the land ) .

I can accept you dislike us you may disagree with the stance taken regarding entering your ground but to say fans barged the gate is a complete and utter lie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that took 12 polis? 

I wasn't there so obviously have to go on what's on this thread it all just sounds a bit bizarre. Obviously if there are folk trying to force their way in then it doesn't reflect well on them or their club and it should probably be a police matter, however I'm sensing the omission of some key information because 12 police just showing up over the matter of about £100 in gate money doesn't really sound like a fully transparent version of events or a particularly worthwhile use of police resource. 

The reason for the inappropriate amount of police on duty on Saturday is because on Friday rossvale phoned the football intelligence unit requesting a police presence as they said they had concerns that due to Celtic not playing the green brigade would be in attendance which was utter nonsense as the gb don't follow us on mass and plus they were at kerrydale st getting preparations ready for PSG match

I find it absolutely shameful that rossvale basically told lies to ensure a huge police presence which was a waste of resources and time and should have been deployed elsewhere throughout the city rather than watching me watch a game through a fence

9 minutes ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

The reason for the inappropriate amount of police on duty on Saturday is because on Friday rossvale phoned the football intelligence unit requesting a police presence as they said they had concerns that due to Celtic not playing the green brigade would be in attendance which was utter nonsense as the gb don't follow us on mass and plus they were at kerrydale st getting preparations ready for PSG match

I find it absolutely shameful that rossvale basically told lies to ensure a huge police presence which was a waste of resources and time and should have been deployed elsewhere throughout the city rather than watching me watch a game through a fence

if they're just feart of the big bad GB then that's pretty pathetic, particularly if they didn't try to enter any sort of dialogue with St Roch before going directly to the police. 

If there are doubts (genuine or misplaced) about what sort of fans will be showing up the clubs should be cooperating to see if a solution is needed or just a reassurance that everything will be fine. Cooperation is the best way to address there things as can be seen by looking at top division clubs where the fans may hate each other but the clubs have very good relationships (Talbot v Cumnock, Kilbirnie v Beith, etc).

Why were you watching the game through a fence?

probably so that he could see the full pitch without having a pop up dugout blocking his line of sight. 

as someone who has played in huntershill many a times over the years the new complex is disappointing to say the least. 

in a way i feel sorry for rossvale as ultimately it's the council who run the complex. They've basically built a complex on a par with springburn park Astroturf but instead of a cricket pitch theres a couple of tennis courts for our more affluent inhabitants. 

there was absolutely no need for that level of police at the game yesterday, and i shudder to think of the chaos if Rossvale draw a large Ayrshire team at home in the Scottish cup because there is no way it could go ahead at Huntershill if yesterday is anything to go by. 

As for the match itself, the referee didn't have a very good game. At one stage he cared more about a shout from the sidelines than he did the fact a player was down with a suspected head knock. 

I will clarify this issue regarding yesterday's fixture between rossvale & st. Rochs gents.
The truth is very simple, rossvale contacted east Dunbartonshire council several weeks ago with all their fixtures to date.
Duty bound we felt it correct that if we expected their too be any large crowds attending any of these fixtures we suggested they possibly add a couple of more staff on than usual.
This would help assist our committee on the day.
This is the same protocol when we played at petershill park, no different.
To date the club have never received any official confirmation from EDC of what they had planned for yesterday's fixture until we turned up on the day.
The police issue has also been blown way out of proportion also as due to their being the possibility of a high attendance within this new sports complex, EDC had requested the local police swing by just to make sure everything was running smoothly.
At no point did rossvale fc request the attendance of several police officers to attend, patrol or be in and around the complex for two hours or more.
If yesterday's issues has offended any of the away supporters who actually paid into to watch what was a descent game then as a club we certainly apologise.
We are a young club still learning and finding our way in junior football.
Moving into the new complex has and will have its barriers to overcome.
But we hope that all travelling support understand that this a council run complex as is petershill and we do not have a say on how it has been set up or how it is run.

Why were you watching the game through a fence?

I refused to pay an admission fee to a ground which is not worthy of taking folks money

The only area they have for supporters in the middle of other pitches and a running track is a flat bit of tarmac where with it being flat you can't see down the line and unless fans were placed in some kind of height order I would not see any of the game .

My view is simple if they can afford a 7m complex to host junior football then they can afford a few steps to ensure paying customers can actually see what they paid for in the first place .

There are no facilities either other than a long walk back out the terrace and down the road to the sports centre and that's if you can get out the locked terrace.

Remember this is not a club just hiring a place to play this complex was build with rossvale and junior football in mind and it's a complete shambles

I will clarify this issue regarding yesterday's fixture between rossvale & st. Rochs gents.The truth is very simple, rossvale contacted east Dunbartonshire council several weeks ago with all their fixtures to date.

Duty bound we felt it correct that if we expected their too be any large crowds attending any of these fixtures we suggested they possibly add a couple of more staff on than usual.

To date the club have never received any official confirmation from EDC of what they had planned for yesterday's fixture until we turned up on the day.

The police issue has also been blown way out of proportion also as due to their being the possibility of a high attendance within this new sports complex, EDC had requested the local police swing by just to make sure everything was running smoothly.

At no point did rossvale fc request the attendance of several police officers to attend, patrol or be in and around the complex for two hours or more.

If yesterday's issues has offended any of the away supporters who actually paid into to watch what was a descent game then as a club we certainly apologise.

But we hope that all travelling support understand that this a council run complex as is petershill and we do not have a say on how it has been set up or how it is run.

Can you please confirm that no st rochs fans barged through the gate to enter the terrace and this is a complete lie by the poster who made this accusation

4 minutes ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

I refused to pay an admission fee to a ground which is not worthy of taking folks money
The only area they have for supporters in the middle of other pitches and a running track is a flat bit of tarmac where with it being flat you can't see down the line and unless fans were placed in some kind of height order I would not see any of the game .
My view is simple if they can afford a 7m complex to host junior football then they can afford a few steps to ensure paying customers can actually see what they paid for in the first place .
There are facilities either other than a long walk back out the terrace and down the road to the sports and that's if you can get out the locked terrace.
Remember this is not a club just hiring a place to play this complex was build with rossvale and junior football in mind and it's a complete shambles

It would be interesting to see how much input Rossvale had as the lady yesterday said it was the council who said 100 car parking spaces was ample. Considering Auchinairn road isn't a viable place to park then I find this very strange decision. Also to reduce the number of actual playing fields is another strange decision in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, ROSS-THISTLE-76 said:

I will clarify this issue regarding yesterday's fixture between rossvale & st. Rochs gents.
The truth is very simple, rossvale contacted east Dunbartonshire council several weeks ago with all their fixtures to date.

had to overcome a few barriers to get out to the toilet haha! 

Again this is a council built complex and in all honesty rossvale juniors where an after thought.
Please believe me when I state that at no point did we have any input to the build of this complex.
We have highlighted on several occasions now the need for several issues to be addressed.
We are just being ignored to be honest and when supporters come from other clubs and start slating ourselves we feel very aggrieved by this.
The work, time, effort and financial costs on match days is becoming very tiresome indeed.
But we will carry on as best we can to provide a ground as best we can for junior football.

This statement is totally incorrect sir. The club had no argument with any individual who decided not to pay in that is their decision.
Yes it hurts ourselves financially and if every club who visits Huntershill decides they will do the same then we would find it very hard to continue as a club.
So on the police statement that only called because some supporters didn't pay in is rediculous.

I can fully understand and accept that

I hope then you can use yesterday's fiasco and complete waste of police resources to put more pressure on EDC to ensure these issues are addressed and that indeed your ground becomes fit for paying customers as despite what others may think we take no enjoyment out of actions like yesterday as the junior game is hard enough financially for the clubs and depriving clubs of income is not something that sits easy with us as a support but hopefully you can accept our decision and why we felt justified in making it.

The Police were called when they refused to pay and barge through the gates 

This is a blatant lie.. the Roch fans who did not enter the ground casually walked to the end of the car park, turned right and walked across the grass to the perimeter fence.. the Police were already in attendance before most Roch fans had even arrived .

1 hour ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

Well then my little chickadee, wait until you get to Gartcairn - I haven't been to the new Rossvale ground yet but I assume it has toilets and changing rooms actually located within the complex.

Look its nothing about the result its about Behaviour dragging junior football into Sunday morning pub football that's the point. The bottom line is most St Roch's fans behaved and represented the club with dignity, the rest were just a gang of NEDS. The behaviour of some players were an embarrassment and the constant crying for every decision wasted the game. The abuse the young Referee took was not needed and imo he was one of the best at this level. If this is a normal event then there will be plenty of posts on the subject of St Roch's and some of their Fans. Good luck to ST Rochs management and fans that represented the Club with dignity.   

What about your coaches? Every little tho g they wanted players booked.

Archived