Rossvale v Saint Rochs

JALD

Rossvale 1-2 TheCandy well I really don't know where to start. Well done 9 man St Rochs and management team. I just can't believe what I have just witnessed. 25 men refusing to pay the £5 entry fee and 12 police men covering a junior football game. Hanlon sent off on 65 min then proceeded to abuse everyone in the ground to the end of the game. This felt like a pub match with some of the worst behaviour I have witnessed at any football match. You can't take away the heart of St Rochs but this behaviour win at all costs is not on, no discipline from some players who would be better of playing Sunday pub football. Well then the gang of 25 on the drink and some other substances going of like a 2 bob rocket every decision. Sorry not for me best of luck to the manager who could have a descent season but I am afraid discipline will cost them dearly. The young Ref today is the best I have witnessed he earned his cash the day.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JALD said:

Rossvale 1-2 TheCandy well I really don't know where to start. Well done 9 man St Rochs and management team. I just can't believe what I have just witnessed. 25 men refusing to pay the £5 entry fee and 12 police men covering a junior football game. Hanlon sent off on 65 min then proceeded to abuse everyone in the ground to the end of the game. This felt like a pub match with some of the worst behaviour I have witnessed at any football match. You can't take away the heart of St Rochs but this behaviour win at all costs is not on, no discipline from some players who would be better of playing Sunday pub football. Well then the gang of 25 on the drink and some other substances going of like a 2 bob rocket every decision. Sorry not for me best of luck to the manager who could have a descent season but I am afraid discipline will cost them dearly. The young Ref today is the best I have witnessed he earned his cash the day.

Some awful accusations there and it's not the first pointed the Candy's way in the last two years. I think some people have a wee agenda that comes shining through when the Candy are doing well. 

"Sunday pub team" players look like they were a match and better than Rossvale's today maybe you should nip up to Bishopbriggs cross and see if you can rustle up a team for next week  

Do you have any comment on why the away fans watched it from outside the cage. 

They refused to pay £5 to get in. Look some of us know our history and Want the memory protected of a legend not dragged into the gutter, no agenda here just sadness for a great man being represented in such a lack of respect.

Firstly your ground is not fit for purpose to charge folk to watch football secondly your club phoned police Scotland yesterday to ask for a police presence using a pack of lies to ensure there presence and lastly it's an absolute disgrace to say people were all drunk or on drugs there were more than 25 aswell which included woman and children so it's a complete pack of lies your telling .

The fans outside behaved impeccable which resulted in zero arrests and the cops spending nearly the entire game at the opposite end of the ground from us outside it .

Your clearly hurting but man up and take your defeat on the chin .

I paid a £5 to get in just before ko and walked round to wear I was trying to get to only to be told the gate was closed and couldn't see the game fair play to the boy I was talking to from Rossvale tried to explain everything then when the police came round asked them to open the gate and explained why and just before halftime they opened the gate the St rochs fans that didn't pay in fair play made there usual noise but nothing out of the ordinary men woman and children great display on the park as well 9 men again ano this can't go on a better team would have caused more problems we daw man of the match by a country mile well done the candy chin up rossvale

26 minutes ago, Bobo1471 said:

Are you allowed to charge people to watch a game in a council run facility?

Well if not I'll have all that money back from games at Petershill over the last decade or so!

I'm already planning a trip to Gloucester Bus Station, ding and indeed dong :rolleyes:

Look if you think paying £5 is to much then fine but the bottom line is 3 sent off last week 2 sent off today. The behaviour of some players and supporters is an embarrassment to jimmy Mcgrory. End off

14 hours ago, Shanner said:

The Candy fans can hardly be blamed for the dozen polis if it was down to Rossvale preemptively requesting them ffs.

The Police were called when they refused to pay and barge through the gates 

14 hours ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

Firstly your ground is not fit for purpose to charge folk to watch football secondly your club phoned police Scotland yesterday to ask for a police presence using a pack of lies to ensure there presence and lastly it's an absolute disgrace to say people were all drunk or on drugs there were more than 25 aswell which included woman and children so it's a complete pack of lies your telling .

The fans outside behaved impeccable which resulted in zero arrests and the cops spending nearly the entire game at the opposite end of the ground from us outside it .

Your clearly hurting but man up and take your defeat on the chin .

Look its nothing about the result its about Behaviour dragging junior football into Sunday morning pub football that's the point. The bottom line is most St Roch's fans behaved and represented the club with dignity, the rest were just a gang of NEDS. The behaviour of some players were an embarrassment and the constant crying for every decision wasted the game. The abuse the young Referee took was not needed and imo he was one of the best at this level. If this is a normal event then there will be plenty of posts on the subject of St Roch's and some of their Fans. Good luck to ST Rochs management and fans that represented the Club with dignity.   

18 minutes ago, JALD said:

The Police were called when they refused to pay and barge through the gates 

that took 12 polis? 

I wasn't there so obviously have to go on what's on this thread it all just sounds a bit bizarre. Obviously if there are folk trying to force their way in then it doesn't reflect well on them or their club and it should probably be a police matter, however I'm sensing the omission of some key information because 12 police just showing up over the matter of about £100 in gate money doesn't really sound like a fully transparent version of events or a particularly worthwhile use of police resource. 

Archived