Dundee v St Johnstone 16.09.17

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dundee have played better than their results suggest.
We've played worse than our results suggest.
1-0.

Reminds me of United the season they went down. Playing well, but can't score and keep giving away sloppy goals. Eventually the good play disappears but the flaws don't.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reminds me of United the season they went down. Playing well, but can't score and keep giving away sloppy goals. Eventually the good play disappears but the flaws don't.

United were utter shite the season they went down.

thank you

However much it pains me to say it there is a point there. Looking at the run of fixtures coming it looks like the first lot has fallen badly for us, but that is only because of the piss poor results against Ross C and away to Hamilton. If four or even two points had been taken from those people would be feeling less twitchy. Not long till the first round is over and we should be looking at the games with Killie, Motherwell and Patrick. Two out of three are away, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Do alright in those and we can start to look ahead with a bit more confidence.
Stating the obvious to a large extent I know, but with a squad like ours confidence will be a huge factor.

Appreciate there's other teams at the bottom with Dundee in a similar position, but the likes of Hamilton and Motherwell already have 3 wins and an 8 point gap this early in the season. I know over the course of a season that's nothing, but the longer Dundee go without a win the further they get and the harder it becomes to claw back. Which is exactly what United found, no matter if they won the teams above will keep gaining points at the same rate. I don't for a minute think that Dundee will go down, but then again the same could be said of United.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Appreciate there's other teams at the bottom with Dundee in a similar position, but the likes of Hamilton and Motherwell already have 3 wins and an 8 point gap this early in the season. I know over the course of a season that's nothing, but the longer Dundee go without a win the further they get and the harder it becomes to claw back. Which is exactly what United found, no matter if they won the teams above will keep gaining points at the same rate. I don't for a minute think that Dundee will go down, but then again the same could be said of United.

Again, caveating the point about it being early in the season and you won't really get an idea of what's what until everyone's played each other but I was looking at this yesterday and this time last season (after 5 games) there was only a 4 point gap between 4th-12th (season prior it was 5 points between 4th-12th). Already this season that gap is 9 points between Rangers in 4th with Motherwell (8 points), Hibs 7 clear and Accies 6 points clear of the bottom 3 in 7th.

It may simply be a quirk of the fixture list for a team like Thistle who finished Top 6 last season already having played Celtic, Aberdeen, Saints and due to play Rangers next so that's skewing things for them given that 3 of their opening 5 fixtures have been against last season's Top 4 but on the face of it there seems to be a bit more of a pronounced gap than in recent seasons. In fact the last time there was a similar sort of points difference was 14/15 when you had St Mirren and County sitting on 0 points after 5 games and us 3rd bottom in free-fall on 3 points and play-off bound.

4 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Steady on.

Sorry man, but TW's looking like enough of a big blubbery ball of fat that he could've eaten Hartley...

He isnt a jaikie f**k tho so he atleast looks like he's trying with his suit on whereas Hartley would still have been in the same pish stained tracksuit from the pre-season games

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

Sorry man, but TW's looking like enough of a big blubbery ball of fat that he could've eaten Hartley...

He isnt a jaikie f**k tho so he atleast looks like he's trying with his suit on whereas Hartley would still have been in the same pish stained tracksuit from the pre-season games

tommy-wright-st-johnstone-scottish-premiership-wright-thumbs-up_3474011.jpg

Has Fat Paul got a job yet!?

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Has Fat Paul got a job yet!?

Nah he's been whoring his arse in the papers tho so he's obviously getting desperate - it was an epic Pressley-sque bit of drivel about being open to going abroad or down south like he's getting a choice :lol:

+

I'd not heard the dabs were interested in him tho - that'd be hilarious!

Again, caveating the point about it being early in the season and you won't really get an idea of what's what until everyone's played each other but I was looking at this yesterday and this time last season (after 5 games) there was only a 4 point gap between 4th-12th (season prior it was 5 points between 4th-12th). Already this season that gap is 9 points between Rangers in 4th with Motherwell (8 points), Hibs 7 clear and Accies 6 points clear of the bottom 3 in 7th.
It may simply be a quirk of the fixture list for a team like Thistle who finished Top 6 last season already having played Celtic, Aberdeen, Saints and due to play Rangers next so that's skewing things for them given that 3 of their opening 5 fixtures have been against last season's Top 4 but on the face of it there seems to be a bit more of a pronounced gap than in recent seasons. In fact the last time there was a similar sort of points difference was 14/15 when you had St Mirren and County sitting on 0 points after 5 games and us 3rd bottom in free-fall on 3 points and play-off bound.

Worth noting we've played two of last seasons top six, with one being the hardest away day in the league, and also played Hibs who'll finish top six this year, and come out it unbeaten. The way the fixtures are set out only gets mentioned when you're failing.

Archived